Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What are you doing for New Year's Eve/Day?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you have any plans? D you make any special meals?

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM

We are flying home on New Years Day. Not doing much New Year's Eve as we leave early in the morning. Probably just going out to dinner with the family.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm starting level 3 of the 30 Day Shred that day. I did all of November at level 1, and all of December at Level 2. I'm really sticking to that 30 day thing, LOL. 

Other than that, we'll just watch football and probably eat snack type food. Summer sausage and cheese, and a veggie tray.

The husband is going back on Atkins starting Wednesday, so we'll be carb and alcohol free for two weeks.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Unless a friend has something planned we are doing nothing. Hubby will be sleeping on NYE as he works mids that night. 

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

depending on the weather, we might start for home. otherwise, not a damn thing.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We invited another family over and are playing card games/board games and eating some grub. Nothing major- just party food. I think it'll be fun :)

afwife817
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
We are doing nothing;) my mom is here too, and last year. But this yr I am in my first IVF cycle;) no drinking for me!!!
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
We always eat black-eyed peas on New years day. And we burn bayberry candles. We have Mass, haven't decided if we are going to vigil on New Year's Eve or if we'll go on New Year's Day.
TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM
No plans really. I got some junk food and we might watch the fireworks from the beach at 8. DH is on 12 hr day shifts this week (after over a year on swings) so I doubt he will even make it to midnight!
AnAnxiousHeart
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Nada. Its just another day here. We will eat some pork and kraut but thats about it.
sgtLF
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Talking to partner on line he is still overseas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)