Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I am not meant to live in the city!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hubby worked last night. The weather has been semi nice so I keep my bedroom window open. Last night I got woken up at 1:30 in the morning. Someone outside my building yelling profanity's and cursing someone out about being a nasty a$$. Only lasted maybe 5 mins. Then this morning I noticed someone is putting their cigarette butts by the outside door. Over in the little gazebo there is a little "butt" station. Pretty sure we have an idea of who it is. Hope someone can catch them. It is just nasty! 

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Those things can happen anywhere- you just live around people who are inconsiderate....

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Dec. 29, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Not if you live far enough out! When we lived in MO we were at least 1/2 a mile from the neighbor, on a road that you had to know existed to find! I will admit though, most everyone in our stairwell is nice and considerate. I did find out who threw the cigarette butts out though, and the drunk crazy person, was from another building!

Quoting USAFamily:

Those things can happen anywhere- you just live around people who are inconsiderate....

cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I'm not looking forward to stairwell housing.  

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Not if you live far enough out! When we lived in MO we were at least 1/2 a mile from the neighbor, on a road that you had to know existed to find! I will admit though, most everyone in our stairwell is nice and considerate. I did find out who threw the cigarette butts out though, and the drunk crazy person, was from another building!

Quoting USAFamily:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Not sure what Baumholder has, but I know here on Vogelweh if you are an E7 above they do not want you in stairwell! 

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting USAFamily:

cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Baumholder only has stairwel. It is either stairwell or the economy. They don't even have government leased housing.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Not sure what Baumholder has, but I know here on Vogelweh if you are an E7 above they do not want you in stairwell! 

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting USAFamily:

USAFamily
by Melissa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Living on the economy is really nice. Don't be afraid to check it out. I was really nervous here (and I litereally live in the middle of no where Spain) and I am SO happy to not live on base. Just don't completely count it out :) 

Quoting cocoroo: Baumholder only has stairwel. It is either stairwell or the economy. They don't even have government leased housing.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting USAFamily:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I am so sorry! Economy sounds like it is luck of the draw. I have heard of people who's land lords are very slow, and jips them at the end of their lease. My friends ex land lord tried to charge them for stuff he charged the previous tennets for. I have also heard of people paying thousands of euro on oil in a year, and crazy bills. I have also heard of some that have not had a lick of trouble. My one friend said that they lived in coats and stuff in the winter because they didn't want to use the oil or the electricity! The way they do utilities around here is strange! You want someone that had a high bill before you!

Quoting cocoroo: Baumholder only has stairwel. It is either stairwell or the economy. They don't even have government leased housing.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting USAFamily:

cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM

We would rather live on the economy, but the utilities scare me.  Plus, our OHA won't get us much.  We need a 4 bedroom.

Quoting USAFamily:

Living on the economy is really nice. Don't be afraid to check it out. I was really nervous here (and I litereally live in the middle of no where Spain) and I am SO happy to not live on base. Just don't completely count it out :) 

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

You might be suprised! Most of the houses I have seen are huge and are 4+. Is your son excited you are comming? Or is he kind of bummed that mom is now close to him as a grown up?

Quoting cocoroo:

We would rather live on the economy, but the utilities scare me.  Plus, our OHA won't get us much.  We need a 4 bedroom.

Quoting USAFamily:

cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM

He is really excited we are coming.  Our problem with housing is the OHA for Baumholder is €310 less a month than K-town eve though most of the housing available is towards K-town.  Atleast what I have seen on AHRN.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

You might be suprised! Most of the houses I have seen are huge and are 4+. Is your son excited you are comming? Or is he kind of bummed that mom is now close to him as a grown up?

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting USAFamily:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN