Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Welcome to Military Families! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM
  • 589 Replies
2 moms liked this

welcome

Welcome to Military Families!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. Are you a service member, spouse or parent of a service member?

2. What branch of the service are you/your service member in? How long have they/you served?

3. How many different locations have you been stationed at?

4. What do you like to do in your free time?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Military Families & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CHsmama
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:45 PM
5 moms liked this

This is all new to me. There are no prior military in my family so not much to reference.

My daughter will be leaving for Ft Jackson and beginning Boot Camp in a few days, Jan 6, 2014. . She doesn't talk about it much , but I can't help but think she is a bit apprehensive./ nervous....... I know I would be. She is a bit shy and as a mom I just hurt to think that when she needs a kind voice and a bit of moral support, most  she wont reach out. Besides her leaving, I am just short of a good cry most of the time now. I love her so much and am trying to maintain a strong front for her. She was away at college for 3 years( she is now 22)  , but this is so different.

That's me these days....a total " flake" !

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

Quoting CHsmama:

This is all new to me. There are no prior military in my family so not much to reference.

My daughter will be leaving for Ft Jackson and beginning Boot Camp in a few days, Jan 6, 2014. . She doesn't talk about it much , but I can't help but think she is a bit apprehensive./ nervous....... I know I would be. She is a bit shy and as a mom I just hurt to think that when she needs a kind voice and a bit of moral support, most  she wont reach out. Besides her leaving, I am just short of a good cry most of the time now. I love her so much and am trying to maintain a strong front for her. She was away at college for 3 years( she is now 22)  , but this is so different.

That's me these days....a total " flake" !

Laurielebaron
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Hello I'm Laurie and I'm new to this group! Joined something in hopes of finding some fun friends to be around with kids:) We're very outgoing love to get out. My kids are 2 and almost 4:) Husband is in the Army and we live on Oahu.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Laurie!  My husband is Navy and we lived in Hawaii from 2004-2007.  Do you like it there?

Quoting Laurielebaron: Hello I'm Laurie and I'm new to this group! Joined something in hopes of finding some fun friends to be around with kids:) We're very outgoing love to get out. My kids are 2 and almost 4:) Husband is in the Army and we live on Oahu.

Laurielebaron
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM
We LOVE it here so much to do couldn't be happier:)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome Laurie!  My husband is Navy and we lived in Hawaii from 2004-2007.  Do you like it there?

Quoting Laurielebaron: Hello I'm Laurie and I'm new to this group! Joined something in hopes of finding some fun friends to be around with kids:) We're very outgoing love to get out. My kids are 2 and almost 4:) Husband is in the Army and we live on Oahu.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

That's wonderful to hear!

Quoting Laurielebaron: We LOVE it here so much to do couldn't be happier:)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

courage3
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Freya and I am from and currently live in Georgia. My husband of 11 years is in the U.S. Army Reserves and is currently deployed in Afghanistan. He has served over 20 years. In my free time, I like to read and volunteer.

RosesNSuperhero
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Hi! I've just joined Cafemom and am just starting to get into the groups. I'm a stay at home mom (for the time being) and my husband is getting ready to go on orders at the end of the month for a 12 month deployment with the Army National Guard. He's been in the military a total of 18 years and with the Guard since 2001( he was prior Navy). I have two children ages 4 & 3, girl and a boy.Since we've been married, I've been through one similar deployment back in 2010. I'd have to say that was probably the worst time in our lives and marriage (I could write a book on it, but I doubt anyone would believe me). Anyway, I am trying to prepare better for this one. I don't have a lot of free time, but I enjoy reading and watching crime dramas.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Welcome Freya!  I'm originally from Geogia:)

Quoting courage3:

Hi, my name is Freya and I am from and currently live in Georgia. My husband of 11 years is in the U.S. Army Reserves and is currently deployed in Afghanistan. He has served over 20 years. In my free time, I like to read and volunteer.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  Where are you guys at?

Quoting RosesNSuperhero: Hi! I've just joined Cafemom and am just starting to get into the groups. I'm a stay at home mom (for the time being) and my husband is getting ready to go on orders at the end of the month for a 12 month deployment with the Army National Guard. He's been in the military a total of 18 years and with the Guard since 2001( he was prior Navy). I have two children ages 4 & 3, girl and a boy.Since we've been married, I've been through one similar deployment back in 2010. I'd have to say that was probably the worst time in our lives and marriage (I could write a book on it, but I doubt anyone would believe me). Anyway, I am trying to prepare better for this one. I don't have a lot of free time, but I enjoy reading and watching crime dramas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)