Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Dislocation Allowance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Going anon because it's embarrassing that we didn't know about dla- dh has been in for over 5 years and we are on our third pcs and never heard about dislocation allowance until earlier this week. Did anyone know if there is a time limit on filing? We pcsd in June and went through most of our emergency savings paying for everything and the finance office on base flat out said they weren't going to reimburse us for the hotel. We are about the pcs again and can't get a hold of finance to ask them, is dla something only certain people are allowed to get?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM

We have always gotten it when we moved.  Did your dh not go to the PCS briefings?  They go over all of this.  I'm guessing you are sol for the last move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:50 PM

We've never heard of getting a pcs brief, just a transportation brief. confused

cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM

It is all one thing.  They go over it all.  I have been to two with my dh, and I know they talk about DLA, per diem, mileage, DITY, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

We've never heard of getting a pcs brief, just a transportation brief. confused

cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

And, your hotel is supposed to come out of your per diem now, if I remember correctly.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:20 AM

Coco has the right advice.  Sorry mama!  

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:21 AM

You usually have 30 days to get all your receipts turned in to get your DLA, per diem, and whatever else back. So yes you are out of luck for the last one. Just remember with this move to save EVERYTHING. If you need you can get an advance, which is 80% of everything, then when you get there and turn everything in you get the rest of your allowance. But if you don't turn in your stuff they take back the 80%. 

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:23 AM

I do believe this is correct. I know when we moved that depending on if we had a kitchenette in the hotel, changed the per diem we got!

Quoting cocoroo:

And, your hotel is supposed to come out of your per diem now, if I remember correctly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Your first and last move you don't get DLA. The following will explain some things and as well as other benefits you'd want to know on your up coming PCS move.  Know your Benefits

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:02 AM

your SOL for your last PCS, but did you dh not fill out the PCS advance worksheet to apply for the other allowances? the DLA question is on that form.

TLE is to pay for lodging at the new and old duty stations, per diem is to pay for enroute costs for food and lodging.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM

What they said...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)