Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

deployment

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM
  • 24 Replies
My husband deployment has been so hard on me I just feel so many emotions I'm Goin crazy I was hoping others who have been through it or are going through it to share some of there feelings and how they over come this
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I just kept myself busy. Good luck!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I use my two feet and get involved with things in my life.  I do not dwell on the fact he is not there as nothing productive comes of it.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:42 PM
I agree with the first two posters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:02 PM
During his last deployment, I had so much going on, so my mind was occupied with solving problems and maintaining daily order and routine for the kids. I honestly didn't have a lot of time to miss him.
Katkinson
by Kristin on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM
I have sad days where I don't want to do anything an am in a bad mood, But I also have kids, so they make it so I get up and do what I gotta do. Find some good friends for support, that helps. Moms group, other parents, other mil spouses, etc.

Find reasons to smile every day...watch a comedy, post funny pics on Facebook, hang with funny people. Laugh whenever you can.

Find a hobby, plan things to look forward to.

<3
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Try and keep yourself busy. It will make the days go by so much more quickly.

nessab123
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Thanx everyone for replying I think since I'm pregnant I'm more emotional n feel so many things but I'm trying to hang n there n find others around me to n find stuff to do so will c how that goes
cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Just stay busy.  I was 5 months pregnant when my dh went to basic (not a deployment, but he was gone, I was pregnant and living 800 miles from any family).  I became active in my church, I joined play groups for my dd who was 2 at the time, we went to the mall just to have something to do, story time at the library.  We did anything to pass the time.  As far as the deployment goes, don't think about the negatives.  Don't live through every what if.  Just keep positive and keep going. 

Quoting nessab123: Thanx everyone for replying I think since I'm pregnant I'm more emotional n feel so many things but I'm trying to hang n there n find others around me to n find stuff to do so will c how that goes

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Welcome!  These ladies have great advice.  Find something that you enjoy doing and use it to fill your time.  Good luck!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I found out a week after dh left that I was pregnant.  I understand emotional :)  Get out as much as you can - even if to just go for a walk.  Ok, realizing the weather is insane in some places...take a walk at the mall.  The more you focus on yourself in the present, the less you are to think too much about him being gone. 

Quoting nessab123: Thanx everyone for replying I think since I'm pregnant I'm more emotional n feel so many things but I'm trying to hang n there n find others around me to n find stuff to do so will c how that goes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)