Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Pcs questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Will the movers unpack my tote boxes?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM

In my experience they box everything when you move and when they unload they will put the boxes in the rooms you want them in, set up the furniture, etc. but they didn't unpack any of the boxes. Don't know if that is normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Will they just pack up my totes? I have homeschooling stuff and holiday stuff...

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

In my experience they box everything when you move and when they unload they will put the boxes in the rooms you want them in, set up the furniture, etc. but they didn't unpack any of the boxes. Don't know if that is normal.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

They will move stuff that is already packed into totes. They didn't open ours or anything. Just loaded them onto the truck and unloaded them. If you don't want them to put stuff on the truck it would be best to put it all in one room and just lock it before they come. That way it is left for sure.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:28 PM
When we moved from Benning to Hood, the packers unpacked all my totes and put all the contents into boxes. :-\ I was pissed. For the moves after that, I duct taped my totes so even Houdini couldn't get into them.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:35 PM

The movers didn't touch what was in my totes, which pissed me off by the time I unpacked everything on this side of the pond.  Many ornaments were broken.  They were fine for storage, not shipping.

Basically, if you pack it, they won't touch it, but if you want them to pack it - tell them.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Mine were lazy... 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: When we moved from Benning to Hood, the packers unpacked all my totes and put all the contents into boxes. :-\ I was pissed. For the moves after that, I duct taped my totes so even Houdini couldn't get into them.

cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM

They have never unpacked any of my stuff.  They take my totes and put a sticker on them and stick them in the truck.

AnAnxiousHeart
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Just know if it is already packed and they don't repack them they won't be responsible if something gets broken
USAFamily
by Melissa on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:45 AM

It totally depends on the moving company. Some do, others don't. I think if you make it clear to them you have it organized a certain way, you should be fine.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:15 AM

This has always been my experience as well.

Quoting AnAnxiousHeart: Just know if it is already packed and they don't repack them they won't be responsible if something gets broken

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN