Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Army Wife

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi My name is Brittani and im about to get married to my wonderful boyfriend but he is about to leave for basic. we are both 18 and im scared that i might lose him. Whats it like to be an army wife??

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group! Other than never being able to plan anything because things change in an instant, it isn't much different. Sure there will be times that he is gone, but you have to learn to live on your own and stand on your own two feet!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Welcome to the group!  I agree with Chel.  You definitely can't plan much and you need to learn to be strong and handle things on your own as he won't be around much.  Good luck!

kristinas8
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:47 AM

I'm in the same boat. Mine leaves this coming Monday. Sorry I'm no help, but nice to meet you.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:38 AM

It's like being married to any one else...with the addition of having to be flexible and independent.  Take the positive approach, it's a whole lot easier.   You will do just fine :)

Katkinson
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Welcome!!  No idea about being an army wife, though. . . 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Lose him?  Really?  The foundation for any long relationship is trust.  If you don't have that, then I wouldn't recommend getting married.  Good luck.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Why would you lose him? I never understand this mentality. I married my husband and have complete trust in him. I guess my understanding of marriage differs from others, but if there is no love and trust, then what's the point of marrying.

As for the military wife part, I agree with the others. Don't plan for anything, and be prepared for things to change last minute. Other then that, it's just like any other life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group.
One thing that I would suggest is don't be completely dependent on him. Be able to do tjings for yourself, your household and possible children by yourself because he won't always be right there to help. Be flexible. And really its just like being in any other typical marriage.
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she meant as in he might die? Not at basic, but you know what I mean. 

OP -- Good luck!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Ah...  A bit early for that, no?

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Maybe she meant as in he might die? Not at basic, but you know what I mean. 

OP -- Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)