Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

HOLY CRAP!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • 29 Replies

While waiting on some soldiers to get in-processed, I saw these posted and started reading through them. I couldn't believe that officers and 1 senior enlisted person did such dumb things. But this one? This one blew my mind! I've heard about racist people in the Army so that's not new but the last line in the first paragraph is what made my jaw hit the floor. I mean everything is effed up and the fact that he did it WITH his command sergeant major? What awesome leadership.

"Finally, sworn statements revealed that you sent Soldiers on a combat mission to retrieve your Stetson from another FOB"

Seriously?! Not only was this moron a racist but he sent people on a "mission" for a flipping Stetson????!!!! Speechless. That's freaking insane. What if they would have gotten killed? All for a damn Stetson? And all he got is a letter of reprimand from MG McConville? He should be forced to retire.

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Retire?  Are you kidding me?  He doesn't deserve to retire.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM

There are racist people in all branches...sad but true.  I agree with Jas...he doesn't deserve to retire.  He deserves to be stripped of everything he ever earned or did while in the military...and much more.

Mommy2Bri425
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

There are racist people in all branches...sad but true.  I agree with Jas...he doesn't deserve to retire.  He deserves to be stripped of everything he ever earned or did while in the military...and much more.

Regardless of what you think should happen, he wouldn't be stripped of anything. He would most likely be forced to retire which is why I said what I said. A LTC just being kicked out for what's in that letter? Not gonna happen, cap'n. So while you think he should booted, reality is he won't be and he'll still be able to retired with LTC pay/benefits.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

yeah...and??  Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion - why else would you post this??

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Regardless of what you think should happen, he wouldn't be stripped of anything. He would most likely be forced to retire which is why I said what I said. A LTC just being kicked out for what's in that letter? Not gonna happen, cap'n. So while you think he should booted, reality is he won't be and he'll still be able to retired with LTC pay/benefits.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

You were supposed to blindly agree with what she said. You weren't supposed to have your own stance. Silly you.

Quoting jas_momof2:

yeah...and??  Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion - why else would you post this??

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:23 PM

What was I thinking? 

baa-aaa-aaa

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

You were supposed to blindly agree with what she said. You weren't supposed to have your own stance. Silly you.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Mommy2Bri425
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Calm your tits, sugar plum. Just the same that I said he should be forced to retire, you argued that he shouldn't be so explain how what you're doing is any different from what I did? It's not. Chill out.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Mommy2Bri425
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Oh whatever. What she said isn't any different from what i said. She had her opinon and I have mine so what's the sarcasm for? It's fine for her to say what she wants but to say what would really happen isn't cool? You people slay me.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Well good for him then.  I guess?  I'm not sure why you are so defensive on this.  You posted it, I shared my opinion.  End of story.  Why the need to argue and be defensive?  You are taking this way too far.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 10, 2014 at 6:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Here's the difference: We said what we THINK should happen, we clearly made it our opinions.  You stated what WOULD happen, therefore, making you the "all knowing."  Plus you're defensive...why?  There's no need for that.  We simply shared our opinion of your post, which is what usually happens when you post in this group (unless something has changed that I don't know about).  You are the one is all up in arms about this....you need calm down sweetheart.  We are just peachy keen:)

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Calm your tits, sugar plum. Just the same that I said he should be forced to retire, you argued that he shouldn't be so explain how what you're doing is any different from what I did? It's not. Chill out.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)