Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

PCSing

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
Can someone help me? My son is PCSing to Spain in February, and for the life of me I cannot find the post that lists all of the things one needs to do (taking pictures of electronics, video taping them working etc....) I would very much appreciate the link if anyone has it!
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  You can search for the post on the right hand side of the page...I can't think of a recent one right now...

wagners7
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

military.com will have tips and so will usaa.com  Good Luck.  It's a beautiful assignment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't know if this is the list you are looking for but here it is.

PCS'ing overseas

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Is that the link you were looking for?
TamiM1219
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM
YES!! THANK you soooo much! My son has been scrambling trying to get everything in order, and I remembered reading this and wanted to email it to him....this is his first PCS so I want to help him as much as I can from NY....he is stationed in SC and leaves on February 24th. I did try to search for the post, but couldnt find it. Thank you again!! I am very happy to have found this website, it has been full of info :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't know if this is the list you are looking for but here it is.

PCS'ing overseas

TamiM1219
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Yes it was! Thanks so much :)

Quoting SlapItHigh: Welcome! Is that the link you were looking for?
TamiM1219
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Thank you! Another member posted the list I was looking for, but I will definitely check the sites out that you mentioned as well :)

Quoting wagners7:

military.com will have tips and so will usaa.com  Good Luck.  It's a beautiful assignment.

TamiM1219
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the welcome :) I did try to search for the thread, but was unable to find it....luckily another member posted the list I was looking for. Thanks again!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  You can search for the post on the right hand side of the page...I can't think of a recent one right now...

kadensmomma0708
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:01 AM

See if they had a wives page, thats how i got through our pcs to Germany.  Most of your electronics may not work, unless you get post housing and even then you may not have enough 110 outlets.  Good Luck!

wagners7
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:17 AM

You can check out the thrift shops and get all different size transformers fairly cheap to convert your 110 appliances.  I would recomment you getting German microwave though, enless you have enough outlets.  They don't do well on converters.  

Quoting kadensmomma0708:

See if they had a wives page, thats how i got through our pcs to Germany.  Most of your electronics may not work, unless you get post housing and even then you may not have enough 110 outlets.  Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN