Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Reputable College for Military??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My husband has two CCAF's but as most of you know AF Associates Degrees are pretty well worthless.. Almost no schools will take it. He is having a really hard time finding a reputable college that is Military friendly. Seems like most "Military Friendly" schools are for profit only schools that are basically a joke.. My husband almost went to Ashford but realized it would be a mistake. 

Are there ANY reputable school that have online programs and are Military Friendly (and accept TA).. My husband wants a degree that will be valued by employers when he eventually retires. Anyone have experience with this? I would love some suggestions!

FYI hes trying to complete a bachelors degree. They dont have to necessarily accept then CCAF either, he is just looking for a decent online program.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Thomas Edison and Excelsior.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Ummm... My husband uses his TA at Troy University (online) going for buisness management. I believe some of his military classes (like the ones for leadership (?) ) were accepted as credit
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I don't have any help but I wanted to say a huge thank you because my hubs and I were just discussing this last night. I look forward to reading the replies I hope there are helpful responses!

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Also, i attend Kaplan University online, and I know soldiers do too, i have some in every class. So maybe that does too?
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Look for degree programs at places like UVA, UNC, or PSU-World Campus.  They tend to be very military friendly.  I know someone who teaches for PSU World Campus and he has a lot of military students.  There may be other public universities with good programs, but these are the ones I know of.  Good luck.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Thomas Edison... Liberty University 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

What does he want a degree in?  Dh goes to Embry Riddle online.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Quoting jas_momof2:

Accounting.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Webster University, DH is in their masters program

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:43 PM

University of Maryland has a great accounting program and has offices in many education centers across all bases world wide.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Accounting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)