Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What does it affect her?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19356386/Do_you_think_its_okay_for_a_gay_soldier_to_get_married_in_his_military_uniform?next=11

And the grammer people, sorry if I should have used effect. I'm having a brain lapse right now!

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katkinson
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM

???

I have no idea what you're talking about.  There's over 270 replies!  I'm not reading them all.  Do you have a page #??

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I am talking the post

Quoting Katkinson:

???

I have no idea what you're talking about.  There's over 270 replies!  I'm not reading them all.  Do you have a page #??

Katkinson
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I still don't follow. 

You're upset the OP has an issue with it? 

Eh, that just defines her character, not the service member's or anyone else's. 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM
4 moms liked this

Affect is most often used as a verb. Think "a for action".

As for the topic, I do not see why it would bother anyone. It is not like the uniform is a statement of faith/belief/religion. I agree with Kat; it speaks volumes of one's character if they have an issue with a military member wearing his/her uniform to his/her wedding, regardless of the intended spouse.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I'm not upset about it. She is entitled to her thoughts, even if she isn't effected/affected (damn I can't figure them out for the life of me tonight!) in anyway. 

Quoting Katkinson:

I still don't follow. 

sahmw2010
by Beth on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM

hell, i never could figure out when to use effect/affect. lol. that is the only word that always confuses me. lol

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I'm not upset about it. She is entitled to her thoughts, even if she isn't effected/affected (damn I can't figure them out for the life of me tonight!) in anyway. 

Quoting Katkinson:

I still don't follow. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:07 AM

What other people wear to their wedding doesn't affect her (the OP).  Why does she care?  I sure don't.  Of course she's entitled to her thoughts, but once you make a post in MC about your thoughts, people are going to agree and disagree, so you have to be prepared for that.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Is this worth clicking?
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:39 AM

I'm sure there is a ton of drama in the replies. It is just some gal throwing a fit about a gay couple getting married and the one guy is wearing his dress blues. She feels that being gay they shouldn't get to wear them, for a wedding.

Quoting SlapItHigh: Is this worth clicking?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this
That is a sad and disturbing point of view.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I'm sure there is a ton of drama in the replies. It is just some gal throwing a fit about a gay couple getting married and the one guy is wearing his dress blues. She feels that being gay they shouldn't get to wear them, for a wedding.

Quoting SlapItHigh: Is this worth clicking?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN