Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Marine spouse and mommy at 29 palms

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey, my name is Kelsey and I'm brand new to this site and group. We have been in 29 palms, ca for two Years now and just brought our son into this world about a month ago. I'm a stay at home mommy and just need things to do instead of staying at home all day! Any ideas ??
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Welcome to the group!  Take your son to the park in his stroller (assuming you have one) or you can wear him in a wrap or something...go for a walk outside as it's probably nice weather where you are.  Join a Mommy group or something like that.  Do you have any hobbies?

amonkeymom
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Congrats on your new little boy!

How about joining some mommy & me classes, meeting friends for lunch once or twice a week, etc?

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Welcome! Have you looked for a playgroup? How about the library?
kelsey.becker11
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Thank you! A walk in the park does sound pretty good. Unfortunately all the mommy and me classes require babies to be at least a year if not older. There isn't much in this small town other than that.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I am not at 29, but my sister has been there for 2 1/2 years. She works full time but on her days off she takes my neice (5) to the park, that splash park over by the main pool, (when it is warm of course) they do a lot of bowling on base. And they also load the kids in the car and go to Smiths drive in and watch movies all the time. It is a cheap night out. You can bring your own snacks, drinks etc. And since your son is so young you can watch the adult movies and not have to worry : )  Other than that there really isn't much to do there. When we visit we do the things I mentioned. Not  a lot of action going on that's for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)