Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Military Salute Tickets???

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM
  • 42 Replies

These park tickets (includes water park fun and more) are $169pp for 4 days.

I read that the 4 day tickets actually get you 5+ full days at the 'parks', is this true or not?

Like we go to the parks for 4 days and then can use the 5th day at the water park/disney quest because those are seperate tickets that are included...Can we do a water park AND disney quest in ONE day??

Thanks

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM
I just booked a trip for us less than a week ago. Here's how it works. The 4 day park hopper, plus water parks and more gets you 4 days in the 4 theme parks, plus 4 enteries into the water parks and Disneyquest. The WP/DQ enteries can be used on days you don't go into the theme parks and you can go to the water parks and Disneyquest on the same day. Upgrading to the Park hopper plus water park is totally worth it, IMO, seeing is how a one day entry to one water park is $56 an the upgrade is about $30.

What we decided to do since we are staying 7 nights (sat to sat) is get the 4 day park hopper plus water park and a one day non-park hopper to Magic Kingdom. So we have 5 days in the parks and then a day or two depending on flight times for the non-theme park things.

If you plan to stay on site don't forget to ask about the military rate for the rooms. I have found the Disney reps to be VERY helpful when I have called.
JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Oh, the 4 day park hopper plus water parks/Disney quest is $195. The $167 rate is for the park hopper OR water parks, not both.
lanceandhailey
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Yes, I know that. I'm not sure if we would just want to do one park per day or not...I guess it's only like $130 difference for us, might be worth it to just get the park hopper too...We will stay at Shades of Green, I priced it out at the value resorts for 5 people with the 30% discount and Shades is still cheaper by at least $200.

Quoting JMmama: Oh, the 4 day park hopper plus water parks/Disney quest is $195. The $167 rate is for the park hopper OR water parks, not both.

lanceandhailey
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM

So stupid question...That is 4 entries into the water parks/disney quest per person that has a ticket right? lol  (so we could all 5 do both water parks and 2 days at disney quest...Not that I would want to, just wrapping my head around this lol)

Quoting JMmama: I just booked a trip for us less than a week ago. Here's how it works. The 4 day park hopper, plus water parks and more gets you 4 days in the 4 theme parks, plus 4 enteries into the water parks and Disneyquest. The WP/DQ enteries can be used on days you don't go into the theme parks and you can go to the water parks and Disneyquest on the same day. Upgrading to the Park hopper plus water park is totally worth it, IMO, seeing is how a one day entry to one water park is $56 an the upgrade is about $30.

What we decided to do since we are staying 7 nights (sat to sat) is get the 4 day park hopper plus water park and a one day non-park hopper to Magic Kingdom. So we have 5 days in the parks and then a day or two depending on flight times for the non-theme park things.

If you plan to stay on site don't forget to ask about the military rate for the rooms. I have found the Disney reps to be VERY helpful when I have called.

JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Just make sure your do all your research. On Shades of Green. At Shades you don't qualify for all of the benefits that you do staying in a Disney owned resort. I have also heard reviews that their transportation to and from the parks isn't very good. For us, it was worth it to pay slightly more for the amenities Disney offered. Totally up to you of course, but it's worth it to research it. I didn't realize the difference.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Yes, I know that. I'm not sure if we would just want to do one park per day or not...I guess it's only like $130 difference for us, might be worth it to just get the park hopper too...We will stay at Shades of Green, I priced it out at the value resorts for 5 people with the 30% discount and Shades is still cheaper by at least $200.

Quoting JMmama: Oh, the 4 day park hopper plus water parks/Disney quest is $195. The $167 rate is for the park hopper OR water parks, not both.

JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Yes. If you wanted to, you could go to both water parks and Disneyquest in one day and still have an entry to one of those left over, per ticket.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

So stupid question...That is 4 entries into the water parks/disney quest per person that has a ticket right? lol  (so we could all 5 do both water parks and 2 days at disney quest...Not that I would want to, just wrapping my head around this lol)

Quoting JMmama: I just booked a trip for us less than a week ago. Here's how it works. The 4 day park hopper, plus water parks and more gets you 4 days in the 4 theme parks, plus 4 enteries into the water parks and Disneyquest. The WP/DQ enteries can be used on days you don't go into the theme parks and you can go to the water parks and Disneyquest on the same day. Upgrading to the Park hopper plus water park is totally worth it, IMO, seeing is how a one day entry to one water park is $56 an the upgrade is about $30.

lanceandhailey
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM

What benefits do you not qualify for?

"Shades of Green also provides anyone staying there with the same benefits as guests at any of the Disney-owned properties."

Quoting JMmama: Just make sure your do all your research. On Shades of Green. At Shades you don't qualify for all of the benefits that you do staying in a Disney owned resort. I have also heard reviews that their transportation to and from the parks isn't very good. For us, it was worth it to pay slightly more for the amenities Disney offered. Totally up to you of course, but it's worth it to research it. I didn't realize the difference.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM
OP- there are a couple threads in here about making the most of Disney and the military deals. I'm mobile right now or I would look for them. Readwriteluv (I think it was her) had some great tips. If you play with the search function you might be able to find them.
JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:10 PM
I can't quite remember. We decided against shades of green early on so I haven't really looked again. It was $400 cheaper for us to stay in a family suite at art of animation.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

"Shades of Green also provides anyone staying there with the same benefits as guests at any of the Disney-owned properties."

Quoting JMmama: Just make sure your do all your research. On Shades of Green. At Shades you don't qualify for all of the benefits that you do staying in a Disney owned resort. I have also heard reviews that their transportation to and from the parks isn't very good. For us, it was worth it to pay slightly more for the amenities Disney offered. Totally up to you of course, but it's worth it to research it. I didn't realize the difference.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I saw that too but it isn't quite true. SoG doesn't use the magic bands or fast pass+ and I'm pretty sure you can't get the dining plan. Hang on, I'm going to jump on the computer.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)