Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have a 3 day weekend?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  • 44 Replies

We sure do and I'm very glad!  My husband will get a million phone calls on Monday but that's fine with me since he'll be home:)  

What are you doing this weekend?

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Yep. I have a ton of school stuff to do, and we need to clean the house up a bit.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Three day weekends for me are fun but insane a little bit! Lol Hopefully the weather cooperates so the boys can run loose outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM

My dh is away training, so no 3 day for him.  The kids have a 3 day though.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Catch up on some scout things I'm behind in.  Dh is off Monday but he has a doctor appointment on the other side of the city so that will take most of the day. 

Tonya.H
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM

My husband is a Drill Sergeant, and he just picked up a new cycle today. He doesn't get a 3 day weekend this weekend, training doesn't stop for Drill Sergeants. The only time he gets any time off is when he gets a 4 day weekend during a cycle, when his privates graduate he gets 4 days off from work, he also gets off for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and he gets 3 days off for his birthday and our Anniversary. Other than that he doesn't get time off.

Faith on the other hand, she gets a 3 day weekend this weekend. No plans for us, just hanging around the house while daddy is working, have a girls weekend :)

Katkinson
by Kristin on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Staying put until this baby is evicted. 

We have a three day, too. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM

We do! We are headed up to Las Vegas today for the long weekend to celebrate my birthday. Woohoo!

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Yes. Thank. God.

I will be grading finals and writing syllabi for next semester.
Mi_Chelly
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I think my husband said he has Monday off, but our connection was kinda shitty at the time, so not 100% sure. Not sure what his plans for that day will be, if he has it off. Maybe go look to see if he can get a part to fix his computer. 

My youngest has Monday off, and since the other two boys haven't started school yet, they are home as well. I am looking forward to Tuesday tho, everyone back in school and my house fully quiet. Give me more room to unpack without having kids underfoot, either by sleeping and turning into bears when I wake them as I unpack or by trying to help, then just sitting on their buttes talking about how the dog has an easier life then them... 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Hope you get it all done:)  

Quoting usmclife58:

Yep. I have a ton of school stuff to do, and we need to clean the house up a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)