Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

The deployment fight !

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I've been waiting for the fight I knew was coming. And it's here!!! Dh and I fought over a lie he told his mom. Basically he blamed me entirely for our debt. So fast forward to a few days ago he would like me to do our taxes. His I.d is at his moms house in the car. She's storing it because I don't drive. So if I go to her and say hey I need dh's I.d she'll say why. And if I don't tell her I won't get the card. And she'll do the same to him. If she doesn't believe me then she will still not give the card. See she knows it's tax time. And of course dh did not do POA so I'm basically screwed case dh was an idiot. I told him im not dealing with his mom.
Now he is angry and basically said block him on FB . Don't e mail him. Don't send him anything. And now we are on no contact day number three. Yep this is making me a mess. I breast feed and my milk is drying up and I can't stand my ol being miserable because my dh is being a baby!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:46 AM

I think his mom should stay the hell out of your business. But I guess dh put her in that position since she has his I.D. Which. Is. Dumb. ?? I don't get that at all. And he should have left you a POA. This makes no sense to me.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this

He definitely shouldn't share your personal family business with his mother...big mistake!  Not to mention, he shouldn't bad mouth you to his own mother...never a good thing!  Why does his mom have his ID?  Why don't you have it?  Or, better yet, why doesn't he have his own ID?  Are you referring to his driver's license or his military ID?  Either way, when my husband is gone, he carries his own IDs with him.  I have no need for them.  

He should have gotten a POA for you...that was another mistake on his part.  It honestly sounds like he is being immature about this...blocking him on FB, no contact, etc.  

Why is your milk drying up?  Because you are stressed?  Is that what you mean?  

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Why do you need his ID to do your taxes? You'll need his soc.sc card(or the number) and his w-2 but what do you need his ID for? I always harped on my DH until he put the POA in my hand before he left so he wouldn't forget but that's how we work, he's the only man I've ever met who encourages his wife to nag so he doesn't forget stuff but his memory is TERRIBLE and he knows it. Either way, during deployment the Serentity Prayer always gets we through because it basically sums up a deployment 

"God grant me the Serentity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can.

and the wisdom to know the difference!"

in others words if you can do anything to change the current situation don't stress about it, it will only make you nutty! Give him time to cool off and see if he decides to be reasonable again but there's no point in stressing about him not talking to you since from this distance you certainly can't make him. I would be hot and annoyed that your current situation is basically all his fault but being mad isn't really gonna get you anywhere so might as well just focus on your little one and let the rest roll off your back.

gogetem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Men are idiots.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Are you talking about his Military ID card? You don't need any ID card to file taxes. You just need his SS number and his W-2.

As for him not speaking to you, I wouldn't speak to him. He will come around when he wants something from you and I personally would ignore him.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Yeah, what they said.  And I'm assuming it's another id.  His military one should have went with him.  If not, he'll have a hard time of his own to deal with.

As far as this no contact thing, well, there's not a whole lot you can do about that.  You can't force someone to talk to you.  Sorry.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:35 PM

All you need is his Social Security number and his W2. Get on Turbo Tax and do it yourself. It's ridiculously simple. I'm not sure what you are talking about, needing his ID? This whole situation kind of sounds ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:40 PM
He sounds like an idiot!
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Why would you need an ID and a POA to do taxes? I'm lost. :-\
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:56 PM
She needs a POA if she takes them somewhere to have them professionally done. Not sure about the ID though...that's a new one to me... I never needed dh's ID when I did our taxes. Just his POA since I had ours professionally done.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: Why would you need an ID and a POA to do taxes? I'm lost. :-\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN