Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to use turbotax free

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I know a lot of people pay to have their taxes done and some don't. But I thought I would share.

If you go through USAA bank, you can use turbo tax for free to file your federal. Still have to pay for state.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Yup

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM

That's right...thanks for sharing!

mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM
When I signed directly into turbo tax it says E6 and above have to pay?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Go through your USAA bank account online. We are above E6 and I did not have to pay.

When you go to the usaa website, you want to look for their "taxes" part. It will take you to a page that says, use turbo for free or get 20% off with usaa bank web code or something like that. When you click the link it will have you sign into your usaa account and then take you to the turbo site where you can sign in there and the discount will be applied.

Quoting mandaschelle: When I signed directly into turbo tax it says E6 and above have to pay?

mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM
That's great thanks !!

Quoting Anonymous:

Go through your USAA bank account online. We are above E6 and I did not have to pay.

When you go to the usaa website, you want to look for their "taxes" part. It will take you to a page that says, use turbo for free or get 20% off with usaa bank web code or something like that. When you click the link it will have you sign into your usaa account and then take you to the turbo site where you can sign in there and the discount will be applied.

Quoting mandaschelle: When I signed directly into turbo tax it says E6 and above have to pay?

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Thanks for sharing.
Emily551
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Are you new to Turbo Tax? I have been using it from 3 years. I found it fast and easy. It can store my previous data. I am using coupons for it that i got from www.a2zdeals.com. you must try turbo tax and file your federal as soon as possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Umm, no I am not new to turbo Tax.

Quoting Emily551:

Are you new to Turbo Tax? I have been using it from 3 years. I found it fast and easy. It can store my previous data. I am using coupons for it that i got from www.a2zdeals.com. you must try turbo tax and file your federal as soon as possible.

reche1978
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM

thanks

DoofusAloofus
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Just an FYI, perhaps this will be helpful to many, but if you use this link to Turbo Tax Freedom Tax Project, you can do your taxes for free (including state in most instances) without having to be a member of USAA or any other specific bank:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom

To qualify you must meet any ONE of the following requirements:

- make $30,000 or less adjusted gross income (AGI)

- qualify for the Earned Income Credit (EIC)

- be active duty military (including Reservists & National Guard) with a military-issued W-2 AND a 2013 AGI of $58,000 or less

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)