Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Military families

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello my name is Lily. I am the proud mom of an Airman. It will be one year this April that my son has been gone. It was the most difficult thing I had to go through besides child birth. My journey has had ups and downs but at the end I am so so proud of him. He's stationed in Tampa and I'm in California so it's not a skip or a hop away. I try to keep my spirit up but there are nights that my tears just don't seem to stop and miss him tremendously. It's getting better but so difficult. I've been single since my children were young and now they are all grown up what to do...????
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
asaffell
by Ashley on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM
5 moms liked this

You live your life! You go travel. You date. You make friends, join groups, and live YOUR life. 

<3 

mamabear390
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Thx great advise just one problem I have been out of the dating scene for so long that even that seems to be out of my league where to start?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Have you tried using Skype? My family lives in NH and my husband, 19 month old daughter, and I live in Texas. We dont get to go home for holidays due to my husbands particular job in the Air Force so we save Skype dates for special days like holidays and birthdays or if we really really just miss each other. It makes it more special. I do recommend you visit him as often as you can if you have the money to. I can just say that its not as easy as it seems for service members to be approved for leave to visit home. So you're best bet for visiting him would be going to him rather than waiting for him to visit you. That's just our experience.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Big hugs to you! Have you thought about using an online site for dating?
cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this
You live your life. I dont know how parents are so dependent on their children. My son is 19. I haven't seen him since his basic graduation almost exactly a year ago. He is a lot further from me than your son is. I'm in Wa state, he is in Germany. I miss him a lot, but he is an adult now. I raised him to be a responsible member of society, and he is.

You need to take care of yourself. Find a dating website. Do.meet up things.
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. It has to be hard to invest everything you are into your children and have them grow up and move on. I have a husband so it isn't just my kids like your situation. Be proud that you raised them all and they are confident and happy enough to spread their wings and head out into the world.

Spend some time working on yourself. Take up a new hobby or two. Start going out with your friends. See if they have ideas about getting you back out into the dating world. Work on making yourself a happy and healthy person as a woman and not just a mother. Don't cling too tightly to your children. My MIL did that with my husband and it made him not want to see her or talk to her because she was like a clingy girlfriend. Good luck.

Quoting cocoroo: You live your life. I dont know how parents are so dependent on their children. My son is 19. I haven't seen him since his basic graduation almost exactly a year ago. He is a lot further from me than your son is. I'm in Wa state, he is in Germany. I miss him a lot, but he is an adult now. I raised him to be a responsible member of society, and he is.

You need to take care of yourself. Find a dating website. Do.meet up things.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:34 AM

These ladies have some good advice...hugs!

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Exactly what has been said above.  The Meet Up suggestion is excellent--you will meet people with similar interests and build frendships.  This is the time for you to begin enjoying yourself and your life.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM
What they said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN