Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

DH is PCSing to Italy in a few months.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
It's unaccompanied.

The kids and I are moving off post but staying here at Hood. I don't know ANYTHING about clearing post, what all do we need to do, look for, whatever?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Why is he going unaccompanied?  You need to call housing.  They will tell you what needs to be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I can't take my DD out of the country. So the kids and I are staying behind.

Quoting cocoroo:

Why is he going unaccompanied?  You need to call housing.  They will tell you what needs to be done.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Hugs and good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Why can't you bring your DD out of the country?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Custody restrictions?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Her dad is fighting it. And since we have joint custody, I can't take her out of state without rewriting our court order, and he's not having it.

He's a good dad and as involved as possible, so my chances of winning the case are slim.

Quoting Anonymous:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Please forgive my ignorance but what does "clearing post" mean?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Essentially? Disassociating yourself with the current post. It allows me to move into a home off post from the one we live in now, and DH to go on to the post the Army wants him at.

This was his first duty station, and we haven't done it before. So I have no idea where to even start.

Quoting SlapItHigh: Please forgive my ignorance but what does "clearing post" mean?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you just need to leave base housing and you're good. If you're still in the same region you won't want to change your tricare or switch pcms or anything. I actually don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to stay in the same house?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM
No idea, he literally just found out he's being PCSd to Italy, we have two months to get everything done and moved and lined out. Even if I can stay in the house I'm not sure I would want to. I hate housing and my neighbors really irritate me. They're nosy and nitpick EVERYTHING, I get home from work at 3am? I'm suddenly having raucous party. Plus we've talked about my renting a home with some friends, I'm going to need the help to keep my jobs and make sure the kids are cared for and they need the help on bills. And ya know, god forbid there's someone at my house at 2am babysitting my kids...

Quoting Anonymous: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you just need to leave base housing and you're good. If you're still in the same region you won't want to change your tricare or switch pcms or anything. I actually don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to stay in the same house?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)