Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a military wife anymore but

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband got out of the army a few years ago and became a commercial pilot. The lifestyle is extremely similar. He is starting with a new airline and will be gone (not home at all) 4 days, then home 4 days. They rank up similar to in the military too. We get a base like in the military (home airport). Its a pain in the ass. I thought we were done with this lifestyle when he left the army. He is going off to training (8 weeks solid in another state) and im going to be stuck home with the kids :(

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess I'm always optimistic about new ventures, be it in jobs or otherwise. I mean eight weeks isn't too long in all things considered. I'm sure there are a lot of things that you can stay busy with. Just look at the positives, he's working towards a good job with upward mobility, which will be beneficial for your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Click_Queen
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Yep. I may go stay with my MIL for a few weeks (she lives near where his training is) so we can see him.

Quoting violinjewel: I guess I'm always optimistic about new ventures, be it in jobs or otherwise. I mean eight weeks isn't too long in all things considered. I'm sure there are a lot of things that you can stay busy with. Just look at the positives, he's working towards a good job with upward mobility, which will be beneficial for your family.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
It's funny how things change, yet stay the same. My husband can be scheduled on a rig anywhere from a week to a month, which is fine with me. He's an exhausting personality type, so time apart is a positive thing for me. ;-) He has been offered a transfer and if that materializes, we will be back around the military lifestyle as well, at NAS Corpus Christi.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Good luck!

Click_Queen
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I really hope we get stationed at DFW (Dallas/FT Worth airport). We have a lot of family there. Im really sick of the -56 degree weather we get here in northern Minnesota/North Dakota. I need to warm my bones!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: It's funny how things change, yet stay the same. My husband can be scheduled on a rig anywhere from a week to a month, which is fine with me. He's an exhausting personality type, so time apart is a positive thing for me. ;-) He has been offered a transfer and if that materializes, we will be back around the military lifestyle as well, at NAS Corpus Christi.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We're originally from Wisconsin, so I completely understand. I despise Texas and I will never call it home, but I'd rather be here than in the frozen tundra. ;-)

Quoting Click_Queen:

I really hope we get stationed at DFW (Dallas/FT Worth airport). We have a lot of family there. Im really sick of the -56 degree weather we get here in northern Minnesota/North Dakota. I need to warm my bones!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: It's funny how things change, yet stay the same. My husband can be scheduled on a rig anywhere from a week to a month, which is fine with me. He's an exhausting personality type, so time apart is a positive thing for me. ;-) He has been offered a transfer and if that materializes, we will be back around the military lifestyle as well, at NAS Corpus Christi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)