Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCS'ing to Hawaii

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband is currently a Drill Sergeant at Fort Benning and this is his last year on the trail. When he gets off the trail we will be PCS'ing to Schofield Barracks, I am so excited about going to Hawaii, I've always wanted to go there.

I was hoping that you ladies whose husbands are in the Army, that have actually been to Hawaii at Schofield Barracks can help clear some things up for me :)

I have heard that families need a Dental Clearance when PCS'ing to Hawaii, but a friend of mine who is currently there told me, no we do not need a dental clearance, but we will need a clearance from EFMP to go to Hawaii. My question is, why would we need an EFMP Clearance? Neither my girls, nor myself are enrolled in EFMP, so why would we need to clear with them before we PCS there?

Airline tickets, I have heard that when we go to Hawaii we have to purchase our own airline tickets there and that my husband will be reimbursed for the cost of the tickets when we get there. I just want to verify that this information is also correct.

Any helpful information/tips about PCS'ing to Hawaii is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM

ALL Army families have to be screened for overseas orders.

for the army they do it a little different than the other branches ( we call it an overseas screening) the army calls it EFMP clearance-

you will fill out several forms for each person regarding your health for the last 5 years.

they will make a determination based on that information whether to clear you to move or not.

as for the flights- the army will pay for your flights to HI.

however if you have pets the cost to fly them to HI will be out of pocket.

Tonya.H
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM

So pretty much I just have to fill out forms at EFMP and they say yes or no about clearing us to go?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Good luck and have fun!

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Basically yes, they may require you to be interviewed in person at the pre screening and then they will send the paperwork to HI for applroval. but for the Army it is pretty simple.

Quoting Tonya.H:

So pretty much I just have to fill out forms at EFMP and they say yes or no about clearing us to go?

Tonya.H
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Ok, great. Thanks so much :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)