Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biggest Loser Finale

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM
  • 30 Replies

Did you watch it?  What do you think of the winner?  Do you think she lost too much weight?  She is 5'4" and down to 105 lbs. That makes her BMI 18, which is considered underweight.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20783820,00.html

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 103 in high school. I didn't even realize how skinny I looked. Yeah, her results are kinda shocking. One extreme to the other.
TippyD
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM

depends on what BMI scale you use.. the one I have seen has her at 18.6 which puts her in the "normal" range.. that being said, I HATE BMI. it is insanely inaccurate for some people. I have a friend who has a BMI of 17 when she uses the calculator.. BUT she is healthy. she has a VERY small bone structure and her weight looks GOOD on her.. her weight is one I CANT do, even though I am 5 inches shorter than her.. I am larger boned, and her weight makes me look sickly.. the only way to tell if the winner is healthy is if they use one of those machines that can determine, fat, bone, water, adn mucle make up.. without it, she is the only one who knows if the weight was lost properly *diet and exercise* or through extreme measures.. 

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

this is the one that has her BMI as 18.6...

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/english_bmi_calculator/results_normal.html?pounds=105&inches=63

ETA.. Ihave seen her height as 5'3'' from some sites, so that is what I used..

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I think she looks great. It's just more evidence to the fact that you just can't win, though. You're too heavy and one half of society thinks you look gross. You lose a huge amount of weight and suddenly the other half of society thinks you look gross. The comments she is getting in other threads around Claremont are kinda shameful. Yes, it's a dramatic difference, but I don't think she looks gross or sick. She's kind of a dead ringer for Maria Menunos or Natalie Morales from the Today show. She looks like a tv host. She'll probably get a job in the industry.

cocoroo
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she looks too thin.  Her face looks drawn, her arms look very thin, and you can see her ribs through her shirt.I think she would look great if she gained 10-20 lbs.  Everything I read said she was 5'4".

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Wow at her before and after pics! I think her arms look WAY too bony, but the rest of her looks ok to me. Love her new hair. And she looks happy, I don't know.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I think you're right. It seems like her arms are teeny tiny, but the rest of her looks slim. My DD has that body type, too, where her arms/upper body are smaller than her lower body.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Wow at her before and after pics! I think her arms look WAY too bony, but the rest of her looks ok to me. Love her new hair. And she looks happy, I don't know.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I just wonder how good for her body the huge fluctuation is. I know it is done with diet and exercise but it still has to be a shock. I think her face and arms are pretty thin. If the doctors think she is healthy then I guess it is good but I think she looks a little gaunt.

mcclanto
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I think she looks okay.  It's just her arms are tiny.  I'm sure she is at her minimum and will likely gain a little back now that the show is over.  She is obviously competitive and wanted that grand prize!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

She doesn't have any muscle definition, or very little.  I thought she looked great when she left the ranch and she said she only had 5 more pounds to lose to reach her goal weight...then she lost 45 pounds instead.  Personally, I think she looked better with a little more weight on her, but we all have different opinions.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

The dieting and exercise is extreme--not what most people would do.  There are studies linking weight loss like this to gallbladder disease, not to mention the impact this has on her overall metabolism.

I think she looks way too thin, particularly when you consider that a camera adds 10 pounds.  I don't really see any muscle on her, which I would expect to when she has been exercising so much.  This weight loss has really aged her. 

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

I just wonder how good for her body the huge fluctuation is. I know it is done with diet and exercise but it still has to be a shock. I think her face and arms are pretty thin. If the doctors think she is healthy then I guess it is good but I think she looks a little gaunt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)