Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Best and Worst of Military Life

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • 19 Replies

As I was reading through the posts, I came across Chel's post about the down side of this life.

I started thinking about all the things that I loved and all the things I didn't love about military life.

For you personally, what are the best things and worst things about military life?

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Best - travel

Worst - travel

Best - making new friends

Worst - leaving new friends

Best - new housing

Worst - old housing

Best - military community

Worst - military community

lol... 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM

This gave me a giggle, especially since I agree with most of what you said.  :)

Quoting jas_momof2:

Best - travel

Worst - travel

Best - making new friends

Worst - leaving new friends

Best - new housing

Worst - old housing

Best - military community

Worst - military community

lol... 

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
For us, the best is job/medical care security in uncertain times. The worst is excessive time dh is away from us.
Bretnasmommy
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I love that we will move a lot but also not that much haha. He has only been in 3 years and we have seen Fort Sill OK, LOTS of South Korea, and Fort Bragg NC. I have made some amazing friends that I would have never met if it wasn't for the military but that is also a downside because I miss the friends that have moved or I've moved away from. But also all the benefits. Like free tickets to lots of events, discounted tickets to lots of events, discounts on other things because of what you do. Yea its not much but still every little bit helps :) Also the stability. We are much more stable than we were before. Even though my husband made more at his job than he did in the military(now he makes more in the military lol) but we were more responsible with our money. And he LOVES what he does. Not really his MOS but he loves being a soldier. It fits him very well and makes him happy.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

SW0609
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM

well I came into my fiance's military career...errrr....job. He has been in 10years been at his duty station for 4 of those and will be getting medically discharged.

Maybe its me not being proactive enough, but I don't know ANY spouses or SO's of anyone in his company. I don't do the FRG, and we don't do anything military related. We do as little as possible. He is ready to be out, just waiting on the Medical Discharge.

MissWindom02
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:14 AM
For my family so far the worse was moving miles away, Having to start over & get to know the area, oh & we got lost all the time lol. But it's better now.
The best things are yet to come.. I really enjoy the PX it has everything. Also the health care, & seeing new things.. It's our first year being in the army life.. So I'm learning day by day
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM

That's actually a plus for me.  Every new assignment we would pick a road to see where it goes and then try to find our way back.  (WAAAY before satnav was invented - lol)

It was an extremely fun adventure that I enjoyed most about a new place.  We discovered a LOT of hidden places that way.

Quoting MissWindom02: For my family so far the worse was moving miles away, Having to start over & get to know the area, oh & we got lost all the time lol. But it's better now.
The best things are yet to come.. I really enjoy the PX it has everything. Also the health care, & seeing new things.. It's our first year being in the army life.. So I'm learning day by day

MissWindom02
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Lol we've never been on adventures! But road tripping to our duty station was all new for us. Lol I liked it until we got lost. But it's kinda cool not knowing where you are going

Quoting jas_momof2:

That's actually a plus for me.  Every new assignment we would pick a road to see where it goes and then try to find our way back.  (WAAAY before satnav was invented - lol)

It was an extremely fun adventure that I enjoyed most about a new place.  We discovered a LOT of hidden places that way.

Quoting MissWindom02: For my family so far the worse was moving miles away, Having to start over & get to know the area, oh & we got lost all the time lol. But it's better now.

B1Bomber
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Best - moving to new places

Best - meeting new people

Best - benefits ;)

Worst - leaving people behind

Worst - deployments

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Best is the healthcare and people we've met who love and care for our son.  Worst is when others move away or we move away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)