Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Bordem post: base choices

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Yes I am extremely bored. When it comes time for the SM to put in their top 3 list, does the SM just put in their choices or do you discuss it as a family? This is my husbands career and I follow where ever he is sent. My friend and her husband discuss it and make the list together.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My husband has always discussed it with me and we've made the choice together.  The Navy doesn't really have a "top 3" list like you're referring to as there aren't enough choices for people to have 3 places on their list.  To be honest, our last PCS move, we had no choice in the matter.  We moved from CT to VA and didn't want to but it's where we were sent.  We've been here for almost 7 years and are happy:)

Good luck!

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:50 PM

we've never pcs'd (well, from germany to ft. bragg), so i don't know.

but, i am bored out of my mind, too, so i thought i'd just respond.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM

We discuss it. Often. I joked with him after our last exile that my car will only drive east from now on but the reality is that we get what we get. But if we have to go west again I will cry. We are supposed to get a BoP after this but I know better than to hold my breath.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

He used to fill it out and then tell me.  He asked the first time, but I told him to surprise me.  It's more fun that way.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:11 PM

He brings up the places that are available and desirable to him, and then I choose the top 3 from there. Anything with a cold climate gets throw right of the list! LOL. We are both on agreement on where he is putting in for next. We both want to go back home to North Carolina.

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM

We don't have to discuss it. He has always talked to his detailer to put in for anywhere near our home state of Florida. So far we have gone to Hawaii, Cali, Missouri, and now MD. I'm just glad to be in the same time zone as most of my family, lol.

TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Although it is my husbands career and I will follow him where ever we still discuss it. That's how we make any major decisions in our family.
cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We discuss it.  It affects all of us, not just his career.  A major factor for us are the schools.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Oops didnt even realize i hit anon. Oh well. What is BoP?

Quoting Molimomma:

We discuss it. Often. I joked with him after our last exile that my car will only drive east from now on but the reality is that we get what we get. But if we have to go west again I will cry. We are supposed to get a BoP after this but I know better than to hold my breath.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Base of Preference

Quoting Anonymous: Oops didnt even realize i hit anon. Oh well. What is BoP?

Quoting Molimomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)