We PCSed to Florida about 18 months ago. For 9 months we lived off base while we waited for base housing. We moved into the home and shortly after my DD's allergies started acting up pretty bad. Mine and DH's did as well but hers were the worst. The house is a little older and very poorly built. Every time the air kicked on it smelled super moldy and musty so we requested to have the ducts cleaned. The company said they were pretty disgusting and had mold. So from there she got a little better but then started to get worse again and she has become even worse as time has gone on (We moved in April 2013). In August after a couple months of allergy issues she developed a nasty cough. It lasted 3 weeks so I took her in and they gave her a proventil inhaler. After a week it stopped. She continued to have allergy problems still until December when she developed yet another cough. After 2 weeks of having the cough I recognized it was like the first one so I took her in. We have been to the Doctor 6 times now for it. Shes been given two rounds of antibiotics, nasonex, claritin, zyrtec, oral steroids and an albuterol inhaler. The inhaler was given during the 5th visit with the oral steroids because she was having wheezing. Her cough will start to get better and then it just comes back full force. Shes gotten even worse so the Doctor ordered more allergy testing and we have been referred to Pulmonary. We have that appoitnment this week but we are concerned she is developing astham :(
After so long dealing with the allergies and coughs we thought it could be the house. Weve been fighting with housing because it seems there is something but they arent doing anything real helpful. Weve been using a special allergen filter in the HVAC and changing it monthly. What made us think it was the house is we changed it earlier this month and it was covered in mold. Our front living room wall was wet and bubbling out and when they tore into it they found mold. They didnt test it though so they told us they cant call it mold so in that case they are saying no mold has been found. Our upstairs smells very moldy and musty but they are refusing to do an air quality test. My husband tried to look in the attic to see if there may be something up there (the room to the attic smells the worst) but there is a wasps nest in there so he cant go up into it to check.
The Doctor cant figure out what is wrong with her and there seems to be no other answer. DH's leadership told us to put in a request to move but they denied it twice now. They also will not let us out of our lease. It will be up in a couple months but that is far away considering how bad she is. We would like to get her out of the house to see if it really is the house.
What would you think or do in this situation?