Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever known anyone to get discharged due to not meeting standards?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM
  • 59 Replies

I know in the recent years, they have really cracked down on service members being in standards.  I know in the Navy, if you fail 3 PRTs within a certain amount of time (I can't remember what the time frame is), you are kicked out.  

We had a good friend who was in for 13 years, he made board for Chief (E-7) and was then discharged out due to not being in standards.  I will say that he was on shore duty (no deployments) for 3 years and he was given multiple chances during that time to lose the weight, get into standards, and pass his PRT, but after getting off work around noon each day, he chose to go home, play computer games, eat junk food and drink beer.  He even had a CO get him extra time, but after going back to a ship, he still couldn't get into standards.  So, after 3+ years of chances, he was discharged.  Now, he works for DirecTV installing satelite dishes.  

His poor choices ruined his military career.  

Have you ever known anyone like this?  Or a similiar situation?

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Yep- several. One guy was in 17 years but refused to get his butt into shape so he was booted. He works as a civilian contractor now.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Yup. Ssgt didn't make rank - out. Tsgt failed pt - out. That's how the game is being played now. That chick licking the pow? Wouldn't surprise me if she gets kicked out or isn't promoted. Slackers beware - its a new military.
Okie-chick
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Not really that I know of. One of my husbands friends is getting kicked out or has been kicked due to smoking spice..yet again. He hadn't gotten caught the first time because my husband and a few other guys got him off of it. Than he started dating this chick who smokes pot so openly. She obviously didn't care about his career. I guess he started smoking again and the crowd he's been around hasn't been so positive. Due to all of the good guys moving away.
Since we're in Hawaii and he's back at Sill we heard it through the grapevine.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Yup several, and quite a few more who were barred from re-enlistment for failure to meet standards.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Wrong person to blame on that one.

Quoting Okie-chick: Not really that I know of. One of my husbands friends is getting kicked out or has been kicked due to smoking spice..yet again. He hadn't gotten caught the first time because my husband and a few other guys got him off of it. Than he started dating this chick who smokes pot so openly. She obviously didn't care about his career. I guess he started smoking again and the crowd he's been around hasn't been so positive. Due to all of the good guys moving away.

Okie-chick
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Nope. If she said jump,he'd ask how high. She's a loser bringing him down.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Okie-chick: Not really that I know of. One of my husbands friends is getting kicked out or has been kicked due to smoking spice..yet again. He hadn't gotten caught the first time because my husband and a few other guys got him off of it. Than he started dating this chick who smokes pot so openly. She obviously didn't care about his career. I guess he started smoking again and the crowd he's been around hasn't been so positive. Due to all of the good guys moving away.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

He's DATING her - who is choosing what now?

Quoting Okie-chick: Nope. If she said jump,he'd ask how high. She's a loser bringing him down.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Okie-chick
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM
They're married now actually. And lol why are you arguing with me about someone you don't even know. Lmfao lord

Quoting jas_momof2:

He's DATING her - who is choosing what now?

Quoting Okie-chick: Nope. If she said jump,he'd ask how high. She's a loser bringing him down.

Quoting jas_momof2:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Yep several. I have a friend whose husband was kicked out for not meeting standards but the squadron did EVERYTHING illegally. The only good news is the CO and SgtMaj were both fired and got into a heap of shit for the whole thing. But he was still out, military career over and ruined.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I haven't known anyone personally. However, my husband who is a DS said that the Army is going back to the way it use to be. Being more strict on everything. If you are not advancing in your career or are not up to the standards, you get kicked out. No more slacking off and getting away with it.

But, I have a feeling when the next war comes they will take anyone and everyone just for the numbers and when they are done with you, you are kicked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)