Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Warning, they mean what they say

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 17 Replies

We went to Son's graduation this week. Had a great time, got so spend as much time as we could together, but even though we're new to this whole Army thing we realize the DS means what he says!

The recruits had to be back in formation at 18:00 hours, not one minute later then that. Many families had the guys back by 5:30, you know, just to be on the safe side. One recruit got back at 6:03. He got to graduate, but he only got 4 hours w/ his family that day. (we had from 10:30 to 7). I felt bad for the family, but after all those weeks of training did the recruit not realize the DS means what he says?

So if you're loved one is in BCT/Boot give yourself plenty of time to get back to barracks to line up in formation. A few minutes isn't worth the hours you're going to loose

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this

o.O Yeah.... they mean what they say. In what universe does a brand new private NOT think the DS means what he says?

Have him try missing movement see where that lands him.

violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Exactly.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

o.O Yeah.... they mean what they say. In what universe does a brand new private NOT think the DS means what he says?

Have him try missing movement see where that lands him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Why wouldn't anyone mean what they say?  If you're hired for a job and they tell you to be there at 6:00 and you show up at 6:04, you're late.  Do you not expect any consequences?

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM
In the words of the great buffoon Kanye West, "They should be honored by my lateness."

Quoting jas_momof2:

Why wouldn't anyone mean what they say?  If you're hired for a job and they tell you to be there at 6:00 and you show up at 6:04, you're late.  Do you not expect any consequences?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Buffoon is right!

Quoting adrianna1043: In the words of the great buffoon Kanye West, "They should be honored by my lateness."

Quoting jas_momof2:

SusanD
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM

This shouldn't be surprising.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

The words "No shit" keep coming to mind.

Quoting SusanD:

This shouldn't be surprising.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I agree with everything that's been said...thanks for making me laugh this afternoon ladies!

saroad
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I thought 15 minutes early for any formation was "on time" and actually on time was late.  :-)

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That is how my husband sees it. He figures if he uses fifteen minutes early as the time he has to be there he has time for traffic fluctuations, etc. I don't know why anyone would think that a DS didn't mean what he said. When my husband went to basic they rode them so hard about being on time coming back from family day.

Quoting saroad:

I thought 15 minutes early for any formation was "on time" and actually on time was late.  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN