Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Official....

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM
  • 29 Replies
We are here for at least another year. DH came down on orders and he's going to brigade. I am happy that we finally know where he's headed once his unit is done demobilizing but I am not happy about being here for another year. There is still a slight chchance we can end up somewhere else but only if he is able to re-class (which he's trying to do). And even then he could still get orders that send us right back here. Ugh.
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMmama
by Kara on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I'm sorry. At least you know where you'll be so you can plan. I understand how disappointing it is though to think you are going to get to move and then you don't.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Yeah. I love our house and the lease is only 6 months at a time (they rent exclusively to military) so at least now I know we can sign another lease in April. We were just hoping to either go back to Ft. Campbell (we own a house there) or at least get somewhere closer to family (mine is in MA and his is in NC). I was even ok with Drum and I HATE snow and cold weather. Lol. Of course he just told me after I posted this that there's a pretty good chance he's deploying between now and the end of the year. If that does happen the kids and I will move to NC for the duration of his deployment.

Quoting JMmama:

I'm sorry. At least you know where you'll be so you can plan. I understand how disappointing it is though to think you are going to get to move and then you don't.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:41 AM

At least you know.  I hate not knowing...that causes me so much stress!  

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Yeah. I'm glad that we finally know but it is just a little disappointing at the same time. Ya know?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:06 AM

I know.  That's how we felt at first when we moved from CT to VA.  We did NOT want to come here at all.  That was over 6 years ago, and we are happy as can be now:)

Quoting mnkymommy08: Yeah. I'm glad that we finally know but it is just a little disappointing at the same time. Ya know?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:32 AM
We are at Ft Bliss right now and I thought we'd learn to at least like it but August will be our two year mark and it still stinks. There's not a lot of family activities close by, the summer temps are triple digits and everything is dirty most of the time because of all the sand blowing around. The public school system isn't that great either. In fact, I'm looking into home schooling our girls. We were hoping to go back to Campbell since we own a house there and it's closer to all of our family.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I know.  That's how we felt at first when we moved from CT to VA.  We did NOT want to come here at all.  That was over 6 years ago, and we are happy as can be now:)

Quoting mnkymommy08: Yeah. I'm glad that we finally know but it is just a little disappointing at the same time. Ya know?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Texas is mega hot in the summer!  My husband is from Dallas, and we go there every summer to visit his parents who still live there.  How old are your girls?

Quoting mnkymommy08: We are at Ft Bliss right now and I thought we'd learn to at least like it but August will be our two year mark and it still stinks. There's not a lot of family activities close by, the summer temps are triple digits and everything is dirty most of the time because of all the sand blowing around. The public school system isn't that great either. In fact, I'm looking into home schooling our girls. We were hoping to go back to Campbell since we own a house there and it's closer to all of our family.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:01 AM
It definitely is. I was pregnant all last summer with DS (#4 for us) and it was awful. They are 6 1/2, 5 1/2 and almost 6. DS is 3 months old today

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Texas is mega hot in the summer!  My husband is from Dallas, and we go there every summer to visit his parents who still live there.  How old are your girls?

Quoting mnkymommy08: We are at Ft Bliss right now and I thought we'd learn to at least like it but August will be our two year mark and it still stinks. There's not a lot of family activities close by, the summer temps are triple digits and everything is dirty most of the time because of all the sand blowing around. The public school system isn't that great either. In fact, I'm looking into home schooling our girls. We were hoping to go back to Campbell since we own a house there and it's closer to all of our family.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You have two 5 year olds then?  I'm confused! LOL!

Quoting mnkymommy08: It definitely is. I was pregnant all last summer with DS (#4 for us) and it was awful. They are 6 1/2, 5 1/2 and almost 6. DS is 3 months old today

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
DD#3 was concieved shortly after DD#2 was born and a preemie. Probably should have mentioned that in the previous reply. Sorry! Lol. All of our girls were born early. Apparently no one noticed a pattern until DD#3 was born early too.

Quoting darbyakeep45: You have two 5 year olds then?  I'm confused! LOL!Quoting mnkymommy08: It definitely is. I was pregnant all last summer with DS (#4 for us) and it was awful. They are 6 1/2, 5 1/2 and almost 6. DS is 3 months old today

Quoting darbyakeep45: Texas is mega hot in the summer!  My husband is from Dallas, and we go there every summer to visit his parents who still live there.  How old are your girls?Quoting mnkymommy08: We are at Ft Bliss right now and I thought we'd learn to at least like it but August will be our two year mark and it still stinks. There's not a lot of family activities close by, the summer temps are triple digits and everything is dirty most of the time because of all the sand blowing around. The public school system isn't that great either. In fact, I'm looking into home schooling our girls. We were hoping to go back to Campbell since we own a house there and it's closer to all of our family.

Quoting darbyakeep45: I know.  That's how we felt at first when we moved from CT to VA.  We did NOT want to come here at all.  That was over 6 years ago, and we are happy as can be now:)Quoting mnkymommy08: Yeah. I'm glad that we finally know but it is just a little disappointing at the same time. Ya know?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)