Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Do You Do? *edit*

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM
  • 78 Replies
What do you do to keep busy when your DH/SO is on CQ or staff duty?

What do you ladies have for hobbies?
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:12 PM
7 moms liked this
I carry on with my life.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Right now DH has staff duty once or twice a week. He's on staff duty tonight as a matter of fact. During the day I keep pretty busy with the baby, errands, our girls etc. After bed time I usually try to knock out a sewing project or two (if I have one), read a book, watch a movie or look up craft/sewing ideas on line. What do y'all do to keep yourselves occupied?
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Usually I have something to do but he has staff duty one to two times a week right now so I seem to be running out of stuff to do since we usually get our alone time after the kids go to bed.

Quoting cocoroo: I carry on with my life.
TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM
What does "staff duty" and "CQ" entail?
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM
DH is in the Army and for them it is a 24 hr shift from 9 a.m.-9 a.m.

Quoting TheartAH: What does "staff duty" and "CQ" entail?
cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty used to my husband being gone.  Him being gone for 24 hours doesn't phase me.  When he is gone, I put the kids to bed, then watch TV, read, take a bath. etc.  I don't need something to do.

Quoting mnkymommy08: Usually I have something to do but he has staff duty one to two times a week right now so I seem to be running out of stuff to do since we usually get our alone time after the kids go to bed.

SJG1013
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Same here. 

Quoting cocoroo:

I'm pretty used to my husband being gone.  Him being gone for 24 hours doesn't phase me.  When he is gone, I put the kids to bed, then watch TV, read, take a bath. etc.  I don't need something to do.

Quoting mnkymommy08: Usually I have something to do but he has staff duty one to two times a week right now so I seem to be running out of stuff to do since we usually get our alone time after the kids go to bed.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Same here.

Quoting cocoroo:

TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, yeah that wouldn't be a big deal for me. DH was on swing shift while I worked day shift for a few years. I'm not one to wake up and chat at 1 am when I had to be up for work at 5 so we went a lot longer than 24 hours without "time together".

Quoting mnkymommy08: DH is in the Army and for them it is a 24 hr shift from 9 a.m.-9 a.m.

Quoting TheartAH: What does "staff duty" and "CQ" entail?
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM
From July of last year until now is the longest DH and I have spent together in a long time. He did back to back 12 month deployments then shortly after re-classing and coming here he went to NTC for a month and then 6 month TDY to VA and then 2 month stateside deployment right after finding out we were expecting DS. He's going to be deploying later on this year for 9 months. Pretty good at continuing to live my life with him gone. Just wondering what other people did to pass the time after taking care of kids, house etc.

Quoting cocoroo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)