Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Disney Trip Planning

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:21 AM
  • 17 Replies
My family and I want to plan a Disney World trip. I was wondering if anyone on here has used the ITT office to plan their trip. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Not yet, but I plan to next year!
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:10 AM
No. The one trip we took to Disney I planned. Just booked a Disney cruise for my mom, MIL and our girls for October of this year at $2500 per person. It's all inclusive and is for 6 days and seven nights in the Bahamas. My MIL and mom were wanting to do it without us. Their special time with the girls. Disney is fun. Military gets a discount rate into the park. Oh, and military gets into Sea World free (it's about $80 per person normally) which is 20-30 minutes away from Disney depending on the traffic. Please let me know how planning your trip through ITT goes. I've always planned all our trips myself but it can be a big hassle sometimes to try and find the time to do it.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:10 AM

We haven't but we plan to next summer:)  Good luck!

erin708
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:26 AM
We planned our own. we have a time share so stayed off property and just bought the discounted tickets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never let the ITT plan my vacation for me to anywhere, let alone to WDW. The only ITT that is worth a salt when it comes to WDW tickets is the one at NAS Jacksonville. The rest are clueless. I had to school the people who worked at the ITT at Whidbey about WDW Armed Forces Salute tickets on two separate occasions, because they were clueless. I just had to school the girl here at Tinker yesterday, because she was an idiot who had no idea what she was doing. 

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Thats so cool!

Quoting TheartAH: We got our discounted tickets through ITT with no issues. It was significantly less than any other deal, including FL resident. We found our own hotel (townhome since we were with a large group). I was planning our next trip when we got orders and we were going to stay in Disney property this time. Now I'm planning for Disney Paris!
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I haven't used ITT because I used to work there(7years) and still have family & friends that work there. If you are planning on staying on property call the Disney Reservations line and ask what available specials there are for the dates you want to go, they often have packages that are cheaper. Also make sure to tell them you are military because they do have special discounts/deals. Your actual park tickets might be cheaper from ITT but if you want to book other stuff like dining or rooms call Disney Reservations!

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM

The military room only discount is 40% off deluxe, 35% off a moderate, 30% off a value. All rooms must be booked through Disney reservations via phone, you can't book online with the discount. Military families are allowed to add a dining package on to their room only reservation, but there is no discount for it, it's full price. An Armed Forces Salute ticket, coupled with the room only discount, makes this substantially less expensive than any other discounts available, even if you add dining.  A Magic Your Way package is never a better deal, because any other package requires you pay full price for your tickets. An AFS 4 day park hopper is $169. If you bought a 4 day MYW park hopper at full price, after tax it's over $400. I just paid around $500 for three tickets that, full price, would have cost me over $1200 after tax.

PAmomoffour
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Check out disboards.com There's a lot changing at Disney right now, they'll be able to help you plan better then most travel agents. Like others had said the Armed Forces Salute is the best deal out there for you no matter where you stay. If you're a family of 4 I'd say your best bet is staying on site, they bus you everywhere and if you fly in they pick you and your luggage up at the airport. It gets a little spendy on your choices of where to stay if you have more then 4 in your family.

MommaCyn296
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM

First, Disney and Seaworld are about 11 miles apart. (I live about 20 minutes from Disney). Do your homework by going on line and pricing it out yourself. Have ITT give you their price. Include ticket price, food, car rental ( if needed), food, airline prices, spending monies and incidentals. If you will be staying on property or off. Search the hotels close by the parks. Shades of Green would be a great start. You can ask about the price of tickets through them. We go through them as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN