Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

OT: Is it too much to want good neighbors JUST once?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 31 Replies

I live in a quad-plex (or whatever the hell you want to call it) Thank merciful God the walls are not super thin like the last duplex I lived in, because my neighbors are screamers. It's just how they communicate, talking just isn't their thing. I can hear them screaming at each other, and I can out some of what they're screaming but only because my house is very quiet most of the time.

For the first few weeks we lived here I thought that they had an extremely ill behaved dog, which would have been odd since this particular housing doesn't allow dogs, but I know many people think rules are for chumps so it wouldn't have surprised me in the least if they DID have a dog.  The main thing screamed is "GOD DAMMIT LUCY GET THE FUCK DOWN!!!!!" "NO, NO, NO LUCY!!!!!" etc. Ill behaved dog is a safe assumption...right?

Nope...it's their kid. :-/ She's not even 2 and they spend ALL DAMN DAY just screaming at her. I ran into wife and kid outside one day, so I know she's not a dog, she's a toddler. If they're not screaming at that kid, they're screaming at each other "I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO DO THIS" "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!" etc. They yell at each other equally, and at the kid all the time. The kid also spends a good portion of her time screaming, and kicking walls.

I don't know if I should complain about them, or say something to them, or just keep on ignoring it like I have been.  I don't know HOW they're not bothering the people on the other side of them, maybe they're loud asses too...who knows. I'm too old for this shit.

Is it too much to hope that when that guy gets out in a few months that I get some good neighbors? Probably... I'd like non-crappy neighbors just once... just one time. It doesn't matter if I live in housing or not, I always have at least one super shitty neighbor. :-/

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM
I've lived in apartments a few times and I don't like it either. I had what seemed like sumo wrestlers living above me and they would get romantic, if you know what I mean. Anyways I could hear it through my ear plugs, so I would try and sleep on my couch and could still hear it from the living room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Trashy. That poor kiddo! It hurts my heart when I hear parents speaking to their kids like that. 

I pulled a gun the other night. There were 2 young people stealing my lawn chairs off my patio! I gave them the option of running and they're damn lucky they took it. Trashy people everywhere. :-(

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Poor pumpkin :(

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM
3 moms liked this
If you don't mind I'm going to take the liberty of recreating this situation in prose.

"Yo, I seen some sweet lawn chairs behind that house bro."
"Say what? Yeah, I seen them too."
"Tonight we strike, those bitches are as good as ours."
"Sounds like a plan, my man."

Night falls as the would be robbers move in on the goods.

"Oh, shit drop the chair dude crazy lady has a gun!"

Running

"Damn dude, they were almost ours."
"Yeah, they were."

Sadness

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Trashy. That poor kiddo! It hurts my heart when I hear parents speaking to their kids like that. 

I pulled a gun the other night. There were 2 young people stealing my lawn chairs off my patio! I gave them the option of running and they're damn lucky they took it. Trashy people everywhere. :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyxdos
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I love making new friends so it sucks when we get stuck next to people like this. And that poor little girl.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO! We should come up with alternate endings, too.  Maybe something along the lines of "Got a cap in my ass - now I can't sit in the lawn chairs I stole from the crazy lady's patio".

Quoting adrianna1043: If you don't mind I'm going to take the liberty of recreating this situation in prose. "Yo, I seen some sweet lawn chairs behind that house bro." "Say what? Yeah, I seen them too." "Tonight we strike, those bitches are as good as ours." "Sounds like a plan, my man." Night falls as the would be robbers move in on the goods. "Oh, shit drop the chair dude crazy lady has a gun!" Running "Damn dude, they were almost ours." "Yeah, they were." Sadness

Mizuagi
by Brenda on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM
At a kid? Oh wow. :( Yeah, hopefully your next neighbors will be quiet ones.

This is our first PCS and we got super lucky that we got the end unit of a 4-plex and the one right next to us is a model apartment, so nobody can ever live there. So we have no neighbor- so I really don't know if the walls are that thin or not. It's a good thing, cuz my husband gets pretty loud when playing video games. We are also still training our puppy and he barks a lot right now. If we ever do get a place with neighbors, I'm hoping he won't do it as much by then.

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I always seem to get stuck with crappy neighbors.  Our next door neighbors are complete trash and they better not hurt my chnaces of selling my house.  Your neighbors sound like abusive pricks.

mommyxdos
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Friggin hilarious! The in prose version, not the actual situation!

Quoting adrianna1043: If you don't mind I'm going to take the liberty of recreating this situation in prose.

"Yo, I seen some sweet lawn chairs behind that house bro."
"Say what? Yeah, I seen them too."
"Tonight we strike, those bitches are as good as ours."
"Sounds like a plan, my man."

Night falls as the would be robbers move in on the goods.

"Oh, shit drop the chair dude crazy lady has a gun!"

Running

"Damn dude, they were almost ours."
"Yeah, they were."

Sadness

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Yea, I have not so awesome neighbors either. It's sad that poor little baby is being yelled at like that. A lot of people just suck lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)