Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Hello just wanted to introduce myself..

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am new here to the group plus still new to the world of being a military spouse. So just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully this group will be a good support and also hopefully I can learn more about the military.

First off my name is Courtney, I am 24 till Sept. I have 2 boys. Eric Allen who is turning 8 on Saturday, I had him at 16 and I married his father but after being together for 5 years married for 2 we got a divorce. My youngest is Bentley Aaron he is 15 months old birthday is November 26th. I am with his dad.

I met my boyfriend, Bryan, a month before my divorce was final he actually helped me a lot and if it wasnt for him I would not be here. I never knew he was in the army till we started to date he had to leave for a month for some kind of training. We will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary on June 15th.

He is in the Army Reserves he has been in for 7 years now.. started off in the National Guard then went to the Reserves. He isnt stationed anywhere. We live in Iowa he had drill once a month then once in awhile he will have to be gone for a week or 2 for training.. He will actually be gone at the end of this month for 3 weeks for WAREX.. it will be the longest he has been gone since we had our son together.

Here are some photos of us :) I look forward to getting to know everyone and what not..

Bryan and I last Friday his unit had a dine-out. Love this photo of us.

This is my 2 boys, Eric Allen and Bentley Aaron.

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Welcome to the group.  You might want to black out his name and I personally don't put my kids names on here,

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Welcome to the group! I am originally from Iowa but thanks to the military we are in Germany! I miss Iowa!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Welcome to the group!  

LeJane
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Welcome.  

Great pictures.   :-)

Where do you live in Iowa?    I resided there for 10 years- Ft. Dodge and Manson.   Two of my 3 (adult) children were born there.   

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Welcome. Love the pictures. We're at Ft Bliss, TX right now. We have 4 kids. 3 girls ages 5, almost 6 and 6 1/2 and a 3 month old son.
-Kney-
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I'm originally from Independence but I live in Oelwein since that's where my boyfriend loves which is only 2 towns over then my boyfriends unit is out of Waterloo

Quoting LeJane:

Welcome.  

Great pictures.   :-)

Where do you live in Iowa?    I resided there for 10 years- Ft. Dodge and Manson.   Two of my 3 (adult) children were born there.   

JMmama
by Kara on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Welcome!

24clark
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Welcome to the group! What a beautiful family you have. We are at Fort Hood, TX now. I have been married to my soldier almost as long as you, 3 years in July. I married late in life at 42 but feel he was worth the wait. DH has been in for 20 years. We have DD with a son of her own now and youngers ones that live with their mum but visit us regularly, DD (15) and DS (12). We are blessed to be only 5 hours from them so we see them on holidays, long schoold breaks and in the summer.

My DH works with reserves units coming and going overseas. I work with mil spouses and continuing education and professional developement. I am really enjoying being in TX and being DH's wife. We feel strongly about helping not only our marriage, but others maintain marital strength.

We live in the country and have 2 horses, 3 chickens, 2 ducks and a dog. I personally could do without the ducks, but DH loves em so they are part of the package! lol Again, he is worth it. 

It is nice to have you on here. Have a blessed day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN