Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Wow Just Wow

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Sorry that I maybe don't know the correct terms for everything yet, I guess it is just basic training he will be doing first and not deployment sorry for the error. But he has gotten accepted for Ranger training I received the message from his recruiter myself. He will be Airborne Division. He has 14 weeks of basic and then he will have six weeks of airborne training. And I was just mentioning that I'm still young enough that I don't want to have an empty nest yet I'm not sure why you have come across so rudely but it sure isn't why I got on this site for. It was supposed to let me meet people to help me feel better about it, instead you've made feel worse! Thanks and I'll probably not get back on anymore if this is what this is going to be about. This was my first 10 minutes on here , wow!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Does this reply go with a different post? I'm so confused. But hi and welcome .. I think? If you aren't coming back, then all the best to you and your son.

asaffell
by Ashley on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:48 PM
4 moms liked this

lulz

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:50 PM

You guys are so mean!  LOL

Quoting asaffell:

lulz

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I'm confused
violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM
If this is the same post as the one from the screen name that was rangermom something, people weren't being rude, they were asking questions if your son was just going to basic, or an actual deployment. The post was confusing. Either way, putting dates no matter where they go isn't a habit to get into. It can cause issues later down the road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Recruiters leave messages with the parents of a recruit? Yikes.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Also you wouldn't be a rangermom until your son finished RASP and Ranger school.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM

But to do that he would have to pass basic and airborne first. That is a lot of ifs.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Also you wouldn't be a rangermom until your son finished RASP and Ranger school.

Riceball83
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM
They weren't trying to be rude but you posted about your son deploying and exact date.
They tried to point out OPSEC Rules those are not rules people make up they are set by the military. For our soldiers and their units protections.
I know your new to all this, I'm new to most stuff too but I'd suggest familiarizing yourself with the rules.
You will find that when you post stuff about deployments and use specifics peoe will get aggravated. It's because stating when a soldier is deploying the exact date is dangerous.

Most military wives, moms, sister etc are friendly people... Not necessarily on Cafemoms however which is why I usually don't post but thought I'd try to give ya some friendly advice to help you on the future.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM
I for one wasn't trying to be rude and I apologize if it seemed that way. The original post was just very confusing. GL to you and your son
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN