Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Where do you bank at?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:14 AM
  • 41 Replies

Do you bank at one of the military banks?  USAA?  Navy Federal?  Do you also do your loans through them...auto, personal, mortgage loans?  Do you find you get the best rates with them or not really?

I'm curious as to what others use for their banking needs.

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM

We have our checking and savings accounts at Navy Federal.  We have multiple of each.  We use USAA for our vehicle loan as well as auto and homeowner's insurance.  Our mortage for our rental house is through Navy Federal and our mortage for our main house is through Wells Fargo.  We got a great rate through Wells Fargo, so we were very happy with that!  Our other vehicle loan is through Bayport Federal Credit Union...they beat USAA's rate believe it or not!  

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM

USAA checking/savings. Home, auto, motorcycle, life insurance

Capital One/Sharebuilder. They have all of my investments

Brassies CU. Savings account

Chase. Mortgage. I HATE them BTW, they can all go eat a bag of dicks... I've had nothing but problems out of them since we got the loan 7 years ago. Our first mortgage was though Wells Fargo, NEVER had a problem.

Mizuagi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:28 AM
We have Bank of America. We can't wait to switch to Navy Federal. There's no BofA here in Colorado at all- they also keep charging us for different crap and there's nowhere to go in and talk to someone. When we call on the phone, they have us going in circles with the automated machine.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Our investments are all over the place.  We have a financial advisor with Spectrum Financial and he handles all our investments.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM
We use Navy Federal. I'm too lazy to go look for our mortgage. We've had so many different banks for our mortgages and Id have to guess who has it now without looking.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM

USAA for banking, though I'm considering switching, just not that impressed.

We have Ally and Nissan for Car Loans. We always get the best rate through Ally & Nissan, they love us. I tried to finance through USAA they said no, their loss... I wouldn't even bother applying with them again, I don't even have to try with the 2 I use I just go in "yeah I want that" one of them finances it. It took me 45 minutes to buy my last 2 cars WITHOUT preapproved financing.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:58 AM

We use Wells Fargo. DHs parents have their accounts there and it's just easier to keep them there so we can move money easily plus they are everywhere so we have access to a branch when we travel to my mom or his parents without a fuss. The house is Caldwell banker and the vehicles are both paid for. I have an AIG retirement account from WAY back that has a tiny bit of money growing, I really should do something with it but....

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM
We use Navy Federal for pretty much al banking needs. Our auto loan was through someone else that was really great to work with but I can't even think of their name right now. We are looking at getting a new car soon and may see about going through them again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Kara on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM
USAA for banking and insurance. Our car is financed through Honda. We don't have a mortgage. We used regions and Wells Fargo for banking at different points but had terrible experiences with them.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM
We now have 2 banks. Our main bank is 5/3 back home. But here we have TIC credit union for the bills here that he has the BAH portion go into. And we have our car loan through then
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN