Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

OT: Americans Taste Test Australian Foods.

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 18 Replies

When they get to Vegemite, I lost it, SO funny.

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM

That was pretty funny.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM
4 moms liked this

They didn't try anything good! lol Tim Tams, Cherry Ripes, Jaffas, Kool mints, Violet Crumble, lamingtons, sausage rolls, meat pies ... I packed on 20lbs when I lived in Australia! oopsie.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:59 PM
I think that pizza shapes would be good. Im thinking might be similiar to thise pizza combos? Id still try that
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM

LOL!  I've never heard of any of that!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

They didn't try anything good! lol Tim Tams, Cherry Ripes, Jaffas, Kool mints, Violet Crumble, lamingtons, sausage rolls, meat pies ... I packed on 20lbs when I lived in Australia! oopsie.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:36 PM

We have Tim Tams here in the US, but I here the Australian & UK Version are better.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Yes, that's true. We have a store here in TX called World Market where they sell real Tim Tams, but the ones by Pepperidge Farm in the grocery store are different. 

ETA: ... There WAS a store here called World Market but come to think of it, the last time we lived in TX, they were going out of business. It was an imports store.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

We have Tim Tams here in the US, but I here the Australian & UK Version are better.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I LOVE World Market, that store is awesome.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Yes, that's true. We have a store here in TX called World Market where they sell real Tim Tams, but the ones by Pepperidge Farm in the grocery store are different. 

ETA: ... There WAS a store here called World Market but come to think of it, the last time we lived in TX, they were going out of business. It was an imports store.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Oh good, then you know what I'm talking about! LOL I wasn't sure if they were still around or not. When we moved to Arizona, I was so excited to see they had World Market there. Then I was deflated to find out that it was a completely different store - a members-only interior design wholesale type place. 

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I LOVE World Market, that store is awesome.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM

We love World Market too...they have them here in VA.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this

World Market is my favorite store.  Almost all of the curtains in my house, lots of the knick knacks, and various other things are from there.  My dh likes it because he can find food her remembers from growing up in Portugal.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We love World Market too...they have them here in VA.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN