Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Adoption??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Has anyone in this group adopted a child? Is it hard to do when your military? I have a lot of questions but I dont know where to start.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM
I havent but here is a link that might help. Sorry I can't make it clicky. I am mobile at the moment. Good luck and i hope this helps :)

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f_milita.cfm

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM
ThatsHeart19
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
We are military we found it a pain in the ass, but I got pregnant after four years of infertility and found out yesterday .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow! Congratulations!!
Quoting ThatsHeart19: We are military we found it a pain in the ass, but I got pregnant after four years of infertility and found out yesterday .
JMmama
by Kara on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I have not. However, our base has an adoption workshop about once a month. Maybe your base might have something like that?
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Thanks for making it clicky :)

Quoting mom2jessnky:

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f_milita.cfm

Here it is clicky.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I have not, but I know 2 families who have. One child was from the local area, the other was an international adoption from Russia. In both cases it was easier to adopt older babies/children (they were 18 months/2 years old). Other than that, I don't know much more. Best of luck to you!

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I have several friends who did international adoptions- 3 from russia, 2 from china.

the biggest issue was being in one place long enouh to do the adoption, on average for International adoptions it takes 3 years from start to finish.

for US born adoptions it can take 12-24 months but there are very few babies, if your willing to adopt an older US born child talk to your local dept of children and family services they can and will be happy to talk to ou about the process.

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I have not adopted, but I am adopted!!!! It's the best thing you could do for a child!!! To know that I was chosen has always made me feel special! Of course there are many other identity issue that may come up along the way, but the pros far outweigh the cons!!!!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!!

Quoting ThatsHeart19: We are military we found it a pain in the ass, but I got pregnant after four years of infertility and found out yesterday .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)