Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Does muscle really weigh more than fat?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM
LMAO
usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:01 PM

hee hee

Izsarejman
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Sad but true
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM
The first guys crotch is hungry. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Oh my!!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Just showed this to my husband he laughed!

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Omg. Lol. Same in the Army.
TLC4theworld
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Yes unfortunately it does. I used to body build before I joined the Army. When I went to meps. I weight 50 more pounds then the girl next to me, but she was larger then me. I remember they guys face when he looked at the scale in total shock. I had to be taped. My body fat was at 12%.

When I got to my first duty station I met up with another body builder. He was bigger then they guy in the picture. He warned me never to get to big other wise it doesn't work in your favor. Even with the guy being a 300 p.t. Stud. He still was kicked out of the Army for being over weight. I really think the military in general needs to revamp the system. Especially when it comes to body builders.

Forgot to add. As far as the valum weight of muscle vs fat difference I have no idea. I one heard the 1 cup of fat will weigh a pound and 1 cup of muscles will weigh 8 pounds. I think that is way off. I have tried to google it but I never get the same answer but the most commen. Is that in the same valum muscle will weigh about 3 times more then fat.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM

LOL.

TAG9lbs
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I know I was hoping it would cause a reality check cause someone was arguing a sexual assault last month or so and all anyone focused on was the weight issue. When it was obvious to me, that a higher ranking pervert would find it easier to go after an over weight girl that presumably has low self esteem versus a fit girl that most likely has high self esteem and will fight back. 

Quoting TLC4theworld: Yes unfortunately it does. I used to body build before I joined the Army. When I went to meps. I weight 50 more pounds then the girl next to me, but she was larger then me. I remember they guys face when he looked at the scale in total shock. I had to be taped. My body fat was at 12%. When I got to my first duty station I met up with another body builder. He was bigger then they guy in the picture. He warned me never to get to big other wise it doesn't work in your favor. Even with the guy being a 300 p.t. Stud. He still was kicked out of the Army for being over weight. I really think the military in general needs to revamp the system. Especially when it comes to body builders. Forgot to add. As far as the valum weight of muscle vs fat difference I have no idea. I one heard the 1 cup of fat will weigh a pound and 1 cup of muscles will weigh 8 pounds. I think that is way off. I have tried to google it but I never get the same answer but the most commen. Is that in the same valum muscle will weigh about 3 times more then fat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)