Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all die hard romantics!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

so i guess maybe i have a story to share about my husband, he's retired air force going on 4 years now... and he suffered something very very devestating.... before he met me, he was in the service, deployed overseas and while he was deployed he fell in love, real actual love, for the first time ever, with this girl, let's call her A. they were madly in love, and one night, SO and A. were out on a patrol, neither SO or A. saw it coming, an enemy sniper comes up and shoots A. in the face... She falls into SO's arms and as she lay there, she bled to death in his arms... and he lost it after that... it was that reason that he was discharged medically because not long after the incident, he had a mental breakdown and was diagnosed with type 2 Bipolar disorder... if my dying could bring A. back to him, i'd do it in a heartbeat, no second thoughts.  In the four years he's been home, he's learned to control it without the aid of medication, he even took me to his physchiatrist to prove that to me, and i have always told him beforehand that i never needed a professional to tell me he doesnt need meds but he still took me there... and i have never been more proud of him! i guess i want to share his story to prove to any of those who doubt that when u get down so low u feel like u can't get back up or be happy, this man, my SO lost the love of his life, and went to hell and back and he got up... if he can do it, i know you can... never give up on urself, never give up on life.... when u get that down, get up, and live ur life, many great days lay ahead... my SO does miss her, but look at his life now, he's got a wife and we just had a beautiful baby girl, our first, and that right there is proof that it does get better, never lose hope in urself or love. Stay beautiful my ladies, and god bless our armed services and god bless moms!!!!

This is a picture of my husband and our beautiful baby girl, she's almost three weeks old!!!!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:55 AM
He's still in love with his deceased love of his life but married you? You didn't say you're his new love of his life in your post?
unbreakable307
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Yes, he will always love her, but he has said to me that she was just a chapter in his life, and that i am the rest of his life, he is my one and only and vice versa....

Quoting Anonymous: He's still in love with his deceased love of his life but married you? You didn't say you're his new love of his life in your post?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Hugs!  Thanks for sharing and I'm glad to hear he's doing better:)

Quoting unbreakable307:

Yes, he will always love her, but he has said to me that she was just a chapter in his life, and that i am the rest of his life, he is my one and only and vice versa....

Quoting Anonymous: He's still in love with his deceased love of his life but married you? You didn't say you're his new love of his life in your post?

HopeAlive
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM

This is such a beautiful story... Thank you for sharing, friend, and thank you to your man for his service to our country! Sounds like you've got a hero in your life. :)

And what a precious little girl!! I'm so happy for you two. ((HUGS))

unbreakable307
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM

He is my hero, and the one for me, thank you for your kind words... our daughter is definetly a daddy's girl and just the other day we got her something very special, a teddy bear wearing a blues uniform... she adores her teddy bear and it made me cry because it's so special.... god bless u and ur loved one

Quoting HopeAlive:

This is such a beautiful story... Thank you for sharing, friend, and thank you to your man for his service to our country! Sounds like you've got a hero in your life. :)

And what a precious little girl!! I'm so happy for you two. ((HUGS))

Seussville
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM

This is a very touching story, what a heartbreaking experience for anyone to have to go through. What a beautiful family you have. hugs

LeJane
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:30 PM

What a precious picture !!    

So glad your man is healing from the trauma.   

Thank you for sharing.   He is lucky to have found such a compassionate, secure woman.    Hugs .... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I wouldn't want to be second to some dead woman.  Is he retired or medically discharge?

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe I am a horribly selfish shrew but I wouldn't play second fiddle to anyone. Dead or alive. I think it is awesome that you think he is so romantic and awesome but I would feel slighted.

unbreakable307
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:51 AM

i am not second to her, i am first end of story

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't want to be second to some dead woman.  Is he retired or medically discharge?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)