Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CNN interview

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:00 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

My daughter and I had the privledge of working with CNN over the course of a year on a wonderful project about the effects of deployments, PTSD, and deaths have had on families, all family members. My daughter Kristi Anne has become the voice for teenage children of veterans who have thought about suicide. I'm sharing this article to help everyone know that if you're thinking about suicide, if you have a child, a teenager or another family member...y'all aren't alone.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/03/us/uncounted-suicides/index.html

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mnkymommy08
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:45 AM
You or your husband had suicidal thoughts? Sorry. Where did this come from?
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Thank you for sharing!
SCADMom
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM

This was mainly about my daughter and her suicidal thoughts after dealing with my husband's PTSD and the stress it caused in our house. My husband's PTSD almost torn our family apart but we've fought to keep it together and work together as a family.

Quoting Anonymous: You or your husband had suicidal thoughts? Sorry. Where did this come from?

JMmama
by Kara on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Thank you for sharing!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Such powerful stories! We need to be more supportive of each other and we need to stop faulting the spouses that are having a hard time with their lives! I'm working towards becoming a clinical social worker so I can work with military families, especially the children! Hopefully I can help some of them overcome what your daughter has been through! I'm glad you all were able to stick together through all this and I hope your husband keeps improving for himself as well as you and your children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)