Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

CQ/Staff duty OT

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM
  • 27 Replies
Since we have gotten married i have always brought my husband supper on cq/staff duty nights. The kids enjoy seeing where daddy works and telling him all about their day. I was just curious if anyone else does this or if we are just odd balls. Until we came here i thought i was the only wife that did, but the oter wives do it too here. Just curious.... And bored
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not an oddball. My mom used to do that for my dad and I used to do it as well.  :)

marinemami07
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband just had duty last nite & my daughter & I brought him dinner. I usually do, unless he gets a break & wants to come home. It's not weird. And who cares! Lol!
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:31 PM

My husband rarely gets it.  I think he has only had it twice in almost3 years.  Years ago when he had it on a regular basis, we would go sometimes, but not every time.

ConcernedCousin
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I remember doing that from time to time with my mom when I was growing up. I have friends who do that with their spouses as well

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I do that, or I did at our last duty station, now we live on base so he can come home for a little bit while on duty since he's not leaving base.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Yep I take him dinner, and take enough for the other guy with him. 

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM
We do most of the time. Sometimes they just order a pizza or Chinese food. But I usually bring Dh and his runner dinner.
Mizuagi
by Brenda on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Yeah, I normally take him food when he's had CQ. He was doing a 24-hour one on Valentines Day and they were nice enough to let him go out for 2 hours so we could go to dinner. :)
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM
I always either pack him something or bring him and whoever is with him dinner and snacks.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Nope. I pack him a "lunch" but he is on CQ overnight so there will be no food delivery from me! On the rare occasion he gets CQ during the day he just gets Subway from across the street at the shopette

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)