Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New military wife

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 18 Replies
I feel kind of disconnected from his military life. So we were officially married 2/2/14. I got an id and I've used the gym a few times. We live an hour from his post so I went to the post in our town. (In Ga so we have Hunter and Stewart here). I met a few people he works with once. His commander and a few others. He leaves for work at 4:30am and doesn't get home sometimes till 6pm. By then I'm at work. I'm a little stressed out today. Maybe I'm just reaching out to someone that's "been there"? I don't really have any friends.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

How connected do you think you need to be? 

marinemami07
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Hello, I think what your feeling is normal. If you guys just got married & getting settled in a new area it's gonna take a little bit to make friends, get to know people & feel like it's "home"
It'll get better & you will meet lots of people. Being in the military you meet a lot of people all the time. It's interesting to hear other peoples travels & such. Keep an open mind & you'll find friends that's right for you. Good luck!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

What would you like to know about him and his job that you don't know already?  Have you talked to him about how you feel?  Maybe share this with him and see what he says:)  To be honest, my husband leaves work at work and I like it that way.  Our family life is what he focuses on when he's home...not work....unless he gets phone calls, which happens almost daily, but he takes care of it and then comes back to us.

Hugs!

sahmw2010
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to him. My hubby has been in 10 years and im still learning stuff. Lol. You must be on the otherside of GA if your by stewart. What is it you wanna know?
B1Bomber
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM

If you're an hour from the base, you are not likely to be very connected to that part of life. You're better off making friends in your own neighborhood and getting involved in local activities through a church or the Y.

cocoroo
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I choose not to be "connected". We live 35 minutes from post. I rarely go up there. I make friends that live near me, that i have things in common with, some are military spouses, some are military themselves, many are not affiliated with the military at all.
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I'm not very connected to my dh's military life. Either. He's Navy and if I ever go on base, 99% of the time, it's the AF base or the Army Post, lol.
Tia_B
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Connected enough to follow a conversation about his job and people he works with. Connected enough to know what my husbands life is like outside of our home. To know what his day is like and how his relationships are with people he encounters. He's important to me, I'd like to know about his "other life" lol. I guess I just felt like families that live on post or near post know more about each other's day to day lives, the people they deal with, etc. Maybe not tho?

Quoting jas_momof2:

How connected do you think you need to be? 

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Can you guys talk at any point during the day, perhaps a text or phone call?
Tia_B
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM
We text each other. Sometimes a phone call once or twice a day. It's usually "I love you, I miss you so much, I can't wait until we can seer each other." lol not exactly, but mostly. Then bills, what's up with the kids, how his day is going, who I want to kill at work what's for dinner. I just feel like right now, we live far away. I keep telling myself the next post will be better. I'll meet people with something I'm common or whatever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)