Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank you CNN for making us look completely ridiculous...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2014/03/12/military-wives-budget-cuts/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This article is seriously a joke and honestly makes us all look like idiots. But regardless of being Military or not, every community had those individuals who do not know how to budget or live within their means.

The comments on this article say it all. I'm almost positive CNN was trying to make Military families look bad.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

That family has one problem and it isn't being military.  It is having too many kids when they can't afford them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Quoting jjames1990:

That family has one problem and it isn't being military.  It is having too many kids when they can't afford them.

They arent the only family, theres a slide of 5 different spouses being interviewed. But I totally agree!

cocoroo
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That whole article is ridiculous.  

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
3 moms liked this

The second family, WHY did you move into an apartment you can't afford lady!? Oh woe is me my rent is $2500 and our BAH is only $2300, the big bad govt is being mean to me. NO, you make shitty decisions.

Here's an idea, move into the full BAH house, because it's less than your shit apartment, and if you want a job and don't want to pay for daycare, become an FCC Provider, there is a SERIOUS childcare shortage in San Diego, and guess what? The big mean govt will pay for your training and give you everything to have a daycare in your home. Everybody wins.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Quoting mom2jessnky:

The second family, WHY did you move into an apartment you can't afford lady!? Oh woe is me my rent is $2500 and our BAH is only $2300, the big bad govt is being mean to me. NO, you make shitty decisions.

Here's an idea, move into the full BAH house, because it's less than your shit apartment, and if you want a job and don't want to pay for daycare, become an FCC Provider, there is a SERIOUS childcare shortage in San Diego, and guess what? The big mean govt will pay for your training and give you everything to have a daycare in your home. Everybody wins.

Seriously. We live in a very high cost area as well, our BAH wont get you crap though. So we moved into base housing and that saved us over $500 a month. We had to wait a long time to get in but it was sure worth it! While we waited that extra money was hard but we also didnt have cable or any extra frivolous costs. We just made due until our name was called on the wait list.

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Seriously. We live in a very high cost area as well, our BAH wont get you crap though. So we moved into base housing and that saved us over $500 a month. We had to wait a long time to get in but it was sure worth it! While we waited that extra money was hard but we also didnt have cable or any extra frivolous costs. We just made due until our name was called on the wait list.

The only mil wife worse than #2, are the ones in housing that bitch about having to pay their electrical overages. They pay full bah for their "crappy" house, how dare they be expected to pay for their wasteful ways, it's not fair. Rabble rabble rabble.

If housing is so bad to them...why are they still here? I have ZERO complaints about my house. My neighbors leave something to be desired but that happens regardless of where I live. Also since I'm not a wasteful asshat I'm always below the buffer on my electric usage, I get refunds, and I'm not doing anything crazy like cooking by candlelight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Same here! We get on average $50-$80 back a month! We didnt even change our habits, we just naturally conserve. I hate when people around here would turn their AC down to 65 and leave their back door to the patio wide open all day. They are the ones who are paying out of pocket and its their own fault. Its wrong to due that IMO.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

The only mil wife worse than #2, are the ones in housing that bitch about having to pay their electrical overages. They pay full bah for their "crappy" house, how dare they be expected to pay for their wasteful ways, it's not fair. Rabble rabble rabble.

If housing is so bad to them...why are they still here? I have ZERO complaints about my house. My neighbors leave something to be desired but that happens regardless of where I live. Also since I'm not a wasteful asshat I'm always below the buffer on my electric usage, I get refunds, and I'm not doing anything crazy like cooking by candlelight.

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG there's another one "Rental insurance alone costs us $10 a month"  GASP the horror...not TEN DOLLARS!! You could go to Starbucks (once a month) with all that money!

Where did they find these people?

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:16 PM

The housing lady here told me that most of the people bitching about being over on their bill each month have 3 fridges in their house. There's your overage!

I could maybe see a second fridge or a deep freezer (if you have more than 3 kids) but 3 fridges? REALLY? Stop being a creepy hoarder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same here! We get on average $50-$80 back a month! We didnt even change our habits, we just naturally conserve. I hate when people around here would turn their AC down to 65 and leave their back door to the patio wide open all day. They are the ones who are paying out of pocket and its their own fault. Its wrong to due that IMO.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mom2jessnky:

OMG there's another one "Rental insurance alone costs us $10 a month"  GASP the horror...not TEN DOLLARS!! You could go to Starbucks (once a month) with all that money!

Where did they find these people?

OMG I know! I thought the same thing. $10 a month is nothing. Our renters insurance is $25 here and its totally worth it. I love having that peace of mind. 

These people made me feel embarrassed. They need to interview some normal Military families, ones who dont live above their means and expect people to feel sorry for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)