Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Have you had a horrible neighbor over the years?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM
  • 26 Replies

Have you had a horrible neighbor over the years?

What is your WORST neighbor story?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM
No, thankfully I've had good neighbors.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I have had less than stellar but really been pretty lucky. I don't love our neighbors right now(especially the one that smokes in her backyard so we're stuck breathing it in) but otherwise can't complain.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Thankfully, I can't feed into the negativity. I've had wonderful neighbors, especially at our last duty station. We were, and still are, incredibly close. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM

No, not really. I've had some strange one's but not horrible. But I'm also the type who pays virtually zero attention to neighbors. Throughout all of our moves, I can only think of one post where I actually had relationships with our neighbors and they both took over a year to establish. For the most part, I wouldn't know or recognize my neighbors if they started up a conversation with me anywhere other than at home. Dh is the friendly and talkative one and I tend to keep to myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Yes and the two we had over the years were evicted, with Alittle help from me.  All lease violations 

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I don't ever have good neighbors.

myloveismyfaith
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM
My last neighbor thought that I should keep my child indoors when she had her dog outside because he would get riled up if she was playing catch or swinging or running around. Not even being loud, just being outside. When I told her she was crazy she tried sending me a bill for a fence she wanted to put up saying that since my child bothered her dog I needed to pay half. HA. I don't think so lady.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM
They took a picture of my brother and i ouside after i showed him our house (we were stationed at same post and ge was deployed by the time we got a house. He came hone on R&R while my hubby wasstill deployed) found my husband on fb through a mutual friend of theirs (fellow neighbor) and sent him the picture saying "i thought you would like to know your wife is cheating on you" they got pissed when he responded back saying that was his brother in law and to keep their nose out of my business.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Nope.... We've always had really good neighbors both on and off post.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Yea because you can't have guy friends or family over for anything without sleeping with them. Thats why I was glad I lived in the boonies when my husband was deployed and my friend came down for a concert. 

Quoting sahmw2010: They took a picture of my brother and i ouside after i showed him our house (we were stationed at same post and ge was deployed by the time we got a house. He came hone on R&R while my hubby wasstill deployed) found my husband on fb through a mutual friend of theirs (fellow neighbor) and sent him the picture saying "i thought you would like to know your wife is cheating on you" they got pissed when he responded back saying that was his brother in law and to keep their nose out of my business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)