Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Hi ladies,
Are you a member of USAA?
Do you have stories or feedback about the company?  Have they helped your family in any way?

simple smile
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
reuacod
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Yep. We use them for everything. I like only having one login for banking and insurance.
VintageWife
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM

For pretty much everything. They're great. They kept our acct from being stolen. Someone kept calling and trying to transfer our money that had just got there. They asked security questions and apparently the person would call back when they could answer them (things you could find in public records). Finally, he couldn't answer the question that only dh knows and they transfered to the theft security department and locked the acct down till we called and verified it wasn't us. Now, there are some security measures in place that keep even us from being able to do much to the acct except for very specific times and days. LOL! We felt it was necessary because this was around the same time that someone had stolen dh's identity to file taxes.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this
That makes me wonder why they think they are doing us any favors. How is it benefiting military veterans and their families by not offering the best rates? I would think that if they were truly committed, they would want our business instead of putting us in the position of shopping around for the best rates.

In any case, the motive behind the previous topic about if we encounter any financial challenges has become crystal clear.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

USAA is well known for their high rates for homeowners insurance.  

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: Interesting. We live on the Gulf Coast. In fact, we rent a house that had been damaged in a hurricane a few years back. We currently have renters insurance through USAA, but if we intend to buy a home in the near future, we should shop for homeowners insurance elsewhere? It's probably for the best, anyway. We would probably find better rates if we shop around.

Quoting candycrush:

I wish!  We live on the coast and they will not insure our home due to the hurrican issues.  DH calls periodically to see if they've changed their minds.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I've heard from SO many people that USAA has higher rates for their homeowner's insurance but the coverage is great.  Their auto insurance rates are definitely the best bet for us as they are the lowest.  I hear mixed reviews about USAA on the whole.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: That makes me wonder why they think they are doing us any favors. How is it benefiting military veterans and their families by not offering the best rates? I would think that if they were truly committed, they would want our business instead of putting us in the position of shopping around for the best rates. In any case, the motive behind the previous topic about if we encounter any financial challenges has become crystal clear.
Quoting darbyakeep45:

USAA is well known for their high rates for homeowners insurance.  

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: Interesting. We live on the Gulf Coast. In fact, we rent a house that had been damaged in a hurricane a few years back. We currently have renters insurance through USAA, but if we intend to buy a home in the near future, we should shop for homeowners insurance elsewhere? It's probably for the best, anyway. We would probably find better rates if we shop around.
Quoting candycrush:

I wish!  We live on the coast and they will not insure our home due to the hurrican issues.  DH calls periodically to see if they've changed their minds.

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I use USAA for banking, homeowners insurance, car insurance, credit cards. We might refinance our car with them before Germany.  We will probably switch to a different insurance carrier when we get to Germany.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I have nothing nice to say about them.

ashwee356
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Yes. We LOVE USAA.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:59 PM

We have them and we just switch to their auto insurance and renters.  We pay 98.00 a month for full coverage for two trucks, 23.99 a month for renters insurance.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Yes and have been for about 12 years.
I can't think of a single complaint. My debit card was stolen several years ago and almost $6oo was charged. USAA reimbursed us the next day with no hassles. I was freaking out.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 10:48 PM
No, I used to be many years ago. Wait, is it once a member always a member, lol? We don't have any active accounts or insurance with them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)