Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Hi ladies,
Are you a member of USAA?
Do you have stories or feedback about the company?  Have they helped your family in any way?

simple smile
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
JMmama
by Kara on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:46 PM
We are members and have banking and insurance through them. I'm very happy with them as a bank. For car insurance... Meh... Their rates are comparable with all but Geico for us. Geico came in way cheaper but I have heard horror stories with geico paying out claims so I didn't want to risk it with them. However, when we bought a van a few years ago, they dropped it off the insurance twice and put the old car back on. No one could seem to explain why that happened. We had that problem twice the first year and then not again. We traded in that van for a new van three months ago and I'm keeping a close eye to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
We use them and like them. Their car insurance is a little high but we don't mind because of the service we've received. Our homeowners is through another company though because usaa wanted almost double what state farm offered for the same coverage.
SierraLynn
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Yes.
We absolutely love usaa. They have never been anything other then completely helpful to us.
We have had only one incident which the representative didn't realize my husband was talking about a one specific credit card and gave us the information on a different one and signing him up for the wrong one.
Other then that it's been great. 7 years of great service.
SRL_45
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
We were, now I we will never go back. Worst banking and incerance experience of my life
3xangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Quoting M.I.H: Yes and we love them. They were cheaper than Geico and at the time everyone we knew had them and had great experiences with them. They have always been incredibly helpful.
rlrowl
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Only using them for car insurance. It was cheaper because we have an older truck. It was fine for like a year but then I log in to check about banking and we owe them over $200 in car fees? I have no idea why, we haven't called cause we can't pay it right now but I don't know why'd that happen. Gonna switch once we pay it off. I don't like hidden fees.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Yes we had been stationed in Gulfport Ms and lost everything in our rental townhouse due to hurricane Kat and had rental insurance . We has our money within a week ...
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Yup!!!
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM

USAA does sponsor this group and the reason behind our questions is to understand our moms interests and provide the best programing and sponsorship for the whole Cafemom community.

Thanks for all your support!

mrspeterrabbit
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Yes, they have been good to us
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN