Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Are You Going Green?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 16 Replies

Are you going green today?

Who is wearing green?

Who will be celebrating with traditional Irish foods and beverages?

Who forgot and has been pinched today  :)

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Im not wearing green but I am drinking out of my CafeMom green and white coffee mug if that counts.

I bought Irish soda bread at the bakery yesterday and I am making corned beef, cabbage and potatoes for dinner. Since I don't drink alcohol during Lent, I am making green mocktails for my little guy and I to have with dinner.

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I don't own any green clothes. I also don't know how to cook any Irish foods. We don't do a lot for St. Patrick's Day, but my daughter gets excited for any holiday, and is currently looking for a green shirt, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I have green eyes, does that count? :)
Mi_Chelly
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Normally, I was always covered with my earrings (emerald), but after having my son was born, he kept grabbing at them, so I took them out and just never put them back in (10 years later lol). I rarely go anywhere, so haven't really thought of it. I did mean to pick something green up for my son, but the weekend went by fast and I forgot. 

I am sadly not a fan of corned beef or cabbage, tried them many times, but that was something I could never get into. I do not drink when I don't have the hubby home, so with him in Korea, no drinking today. Now, I might do a Boondocks movie night LOL.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM

That's cheating...hahaha

Quoting SlapItHigh: I have green eyes, does that count? :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Boondocks Saints sounds perfect. I love that movie.

Quoting Mi_Chelly:

Normally, I was always covered with my earrings (emerald), but after having my son was born, he kept grabbing at them, so I took them out and just never put them back in (10 years later lol). I rarely go anywhere, so haven't really thought of it. I did mean to pick something green up for my son, but the weekend went by fast and I forgot. 

I am sadly not a fan of corned beef or cabbage, tried them many times, but that was something I could never get into. I do not drink when I don't have the hubby home, so with him in Korea, no drinking today. Now, I might do a Boondocks movie night LOL.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM
It's pathetic but I'm still in my mom uniform (black yoga pants and grey hoodie). I'm having stomach issues this morning and haven't gotten dressed for the day. I did make sure all three boys had green outfits ready to go this morning. Now I'm off to take a shower and hopefully find something green to put on.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

That's cheating...hahaha

Quoting SlapItHigh: I have green eyes, does that count? :)

sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:31 AM
We are wearing green. I am making shepards pie tonight
meandmyboys124
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Not wearing green. We don't bother with that but dh did ask for corned beef but the kids and I are having a traditional Irish stew my grams always made.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope

Nope

Nope

If someone pinches me I'll punch them in the throat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)