Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Its finally officially springtime :) do you plant flowers?
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Replies (11-13):
Izsarejman
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I'm moving in a couple months and I wouldn't know how to plant anything here in SA. When I lived in WI, I would start seeds for my tomato box garden around this time and have them big enough to transplant by May.

I do have one blue bonnet that pops up and I guard that thing.
UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM

haha, he was cutting out the overhead cost for you! lol. My husband plants it every year. I am the one who maintains it throughout the season. A lot of people around here have small gardens in their backyard. We were considered "odd" at our last duty station. But we fit in well here. We even have a farm that backs up to our house. The kids love watching the harvester run when the corn is ready to be harvested. I just hate the stink bugs, that come with living near so many large farms. The put a neighborhood in the middle of farms. So we are always surrounded by stink bugs, lol!

Quoting sahmw2010: Well im behind! Lol. I just planted them today. Probably shoulda done it when i got them. Instead of giving me bouquet of flowers and chocolates, my living husband bought me planter, seeds, and soil. Said i had to grow my bouquet... Aint he sweet? Lol
Quoting UCFknight:

Yes we do, they have already sprouted, and are now in their respective dirt cups. After next week's snow storm, we are hoping to plant!

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I know what you are talking about. I forgot all about those things. Lol. Looks like I know what the girls and I are doing on their day off tomorrow.

Quoting sahmw2010: Off. She got one of those veggie planter thingies... Dont remember what its called, but its not in the ground. So she was able to do it.

Quoting mnkymommy08: Yes we are at Bliss. Does she live on or off post? Idk if our landlady will even let us plant anything. Lol. I could do veggies though if she lets us.

Quoting sahmw2010: Is that bliss? My friend is there and she does veggies. Lol.

Quoting mnkymommy08: No flowers. We rent our house and our entire front yard is landscaped with mulch and rocks. The girls want to do flowers though so I think I am going to pick up some big outdoor pots and then go to the greenhouse and see what we can find. Living in El Paso I am not even sure what to get that will survive the triple digits that we get from April-September. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN