Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Men say the darndest things.

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night:

*POW-POW-POW. POW-POW*

Me: What the hell? [Jumping out of bed to peek out the window, which was probably the wrong response, I know.]

DH: What's going on?

Me: There's gunfire.

DH: Shotgun or pistol?

Me: Definitely a handgun.

DH: [Long pause] It'll be OK.

Me:

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Good Lord. Is this a normal occurance where you live??

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM
There were just two separate incidences of gunshots here last night and it isn't normal for this side of town. Of course it's the night that DH has staff duty. Thankfully we have firearms.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Why is it that they are ALWAYS away when shit hits the fan? ALWAYS.

Quoting mnkymommy08: There were just two separate incidences of gunshots here last night and it isn't normal for this side of town. Of course it's the night that DH has staff duty. Thankfully we have firearms.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I wonder what his response would have been had it been a shotgun...  ?  lol...  Yeah, I think all men are the same in that regard.  A friend of mine lived in an apartment, 1st floor and was up at 3am (couldn't sleep) watching tv.  She glanced at the sliding doors in her living room and saw someone staring back at her.  She went to the bedroom to tell her husband who told her to get a flashlight as he rolled over. 

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Idk. The last time anything happened was last year when DH was on a TDY in California and someone in the building across the street from where we used ti live was stabbed by his ex-wife.If something strange or crazy happens it is never when they are home though. Needless to say I had all 4 kids sleeping in our room with me last night.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Why is it that they are ALWAYS away when shit hits the fan? ALWAYS.

Quoting mnkymommy08: There were just two separate incidences of gunshots here last night and it isn't normal for this side of town. Of course it's the night that DH has staff duty. Thankfully we have firearms.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Omg. That's why I am glad we moved out of our apartment complex. We had someone try to walk into our apartment through the slider once. Luckily I happened to have my .45 out and he saw it and quickly stepped back outside.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I wonder what his response would have been had it been a shotgun...  ?  lol...  Yeah, I think all men are the same in that regard.  A friend of mine lived in an apartment, 1st floor and was up at 3am (couldn't sleep) watching tv.  She glanced at the sliding doors in her living room and saw someone staring back at her.  She went to the bedroom to tell her husband who told her to get a flashlight as he rolled over. 

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:12 PM
That would be my husband. There was an incident very close to us, and my husband was at work. I let him know, and his response was, well there's guns at the house, you'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM
I wouldn't say 'normal' for the neighborhood we live in, but it's Houston, so ... yeah. It's a city I wouldn't recommend. I haven't found any redeeming qualities yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good Lord. Is this a normal occurance where you live??

HorseCrazyMomma
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I defiantly know the feeling of being used to listening to gun fire. We lived in a REALLY bad neighborhood years ago. Got so bad we'd hear gun fire check to make sure no damage was done and go on about our lives. Or sit on the porch and watch the nearly daily cop vs law breaker foot pursuit. Surprisingly even though we lived in a really bad neighborhood no one bothered us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)