Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

No household goods?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hi ladies! We pcsed Feb. 1 but we packed out the middle of January. We did an overseas to overseas pcs in Europe, so being the silly person I am, I figured our hhgs would be here in 2-3 weeks ( it takes 5 days to drive from our old location to the new one). However, we just hit 60 days and our stuff hasn't arrived.

My question to you: apparently we can claim a 'hardship'. Can anyone tell me what it means to do that? Also is there anything else we can do, especially when it comes to the shipping company?

Thanks a bunch!
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 24, 2014 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this

No idea but good luck!

sweetfox3
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Go to legal and talk to claims.
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

look at your paperwork there was a deliver by date and the info for your movers- call them ASAP and find out where your stuff is.

for the deliver by date, if it has exeeded that date you can file an inconvienece claim with the movers, but you have to call them to get it started.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:14 AM
We have been calling them for several weeks. 3 weeks ago we were told our stuff was already in Oslo (we are stationed in Norway), then the next week we were told that it was 'somewhere in the EU' (good thing, since it's always been in the EU) and today we were told it was in Lisbon. They are approaching the deliver date now.

If we file an inconvenience claim, what does it do?

Quoting gunsgirl:

look at your paperwork there was a deliver by date and the info for your movers- call them ASAP and find out where your stuff is.

for the deliver by date, if it has exeeded that date you can file an inconvienece claim with the movers, but you have to call them to get it started.

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

the inconvienence claim gives you a dollar amount for each day it is late and allows for reimbursement for expenses like having to buy air mattresses, bedding, ect. And allows for a small reimbursement for meals.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM

It took three months to get from Japan to England.  You said they were "approaching" their date - so they have not exceeded it yet?

USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM

They have 2 days. Our stuff is in Lisbon (maybe?) and we were told the earliest it would be here was next Tuesday. 

I get that it takes awhile- that's why we shipped early. It took 6 weeks to get our stuff from the US to Spain. So when we are pushing 60 days- on a typical 5 day roadtrip, it's a little frustrating. 

Quoting jas_momof2:

It took three months to get from Japan to England.  You said they were "approaching" their date - so they have not exceeded it yet?

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh that would be really annoying, hopefully you have your stuff soon. I have no tips or advice though so far (knock on wood) we've always gotten our stuff really fast, but we haven't done overseas so that could be why.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm no help but just wanted to say I'm sorry you are experiencing such a delay in getting your stuff. That sounds rough :(.
USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I appreciate it ladies! I was totally fine for a while. Now I'm just over being in a big empty house- mostly for my kids. No tv and limited toys really sucks!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)