Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Is there something you want but won't buy because you're a military family?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Maybe a camper or a boat but you're afraid you'll get orders?

I always wanted a new bedroom suit but I know that it may not fit into the next house we have to live in.

I'd also love a sectional sofa. It would fit in this house but most likely won't fit in the next.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

A house.  We have a boat :P

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

uhhh no? If we want it, and can afford it, we buy it. As for my bedroom suit, mine is HUGE. The headboard is over 7 feet tall if that gives you a reference as to its size. When we look at potential new homes I think about where everything will go. Some things have been moved around and re-purposed to fit certain houses, like my TV stand is in my bedroom b/c this house came with a built in corner cabinet for the TV downstairs. But I'm not going to let the military and moving dictate my family's wants.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Pretty much everything. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

A dog. We would like a dog at some point but with moving, and traveling, and now renting it is not a good time.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I have a sectional sofa, it's fit just fine in every living room. I was a little worried when we bought it at our last house because that living room was TINY, but it fit.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I want a house eventually but I'm waiting until DH is retired from the military first.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

A house. We know people do it, but we choose to wait

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

If we want/need it and have the money, we get it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Nope. We buy whatever we want.

I love German Schranks and I bought two huge ones while we were in Germany. A beautiful mahogany one for the living room that has 5 pieces. I can break it up into different configurations. I made sure not to buy one with a crown because that's when you run into problems with future homes not having a large enough wall to place it. The other schrank is part of a large bedroom suit I bought. It takes up an entire wall and it makes for the best wardrobe piece- it has 6 doors. The suit also comes with a separate armoire, a vanity set and a king size bed that adjusts vertically on both sides to accommodate your comfort level. All pieces are sitting in a POD right now. Lol.

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I wanted a bengal cat for a long time but with moving and with them being considered an exotic I was too afraid of getting stationed somewhere they were not allowed.

6 years ago I finally got one because DH retires this year and we were done moving then.

this is what he looks like : http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bengal+cat&id=DE2840625047FBBF7BB53B918A5C7740B7CC5321&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=3B785948C3516714586660C836A863B94D3F0E31&selectedIndex=7

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN