Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

If you heard about the mudslide (WA)

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

I didn't make a post about it. I mentioned about the service member in a reply. A guy that just transferred a couple of months ago from hubs command, was found today. Very sad. They still haven't found his wife. There are about 175 people still unaccounted for. Please keep them in your prayers. Doesn't look good. It's has been since Saturday that the mudslide happened. Dh got the phone call Sunday that John was missing. He came home from work today saying that they got word his body had been found. All of his kids were grown and in college. So heartbreaking.

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:10 PM
:( So sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:16 PM

:(  I'm sorry

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM

I'm about 2 hours south of where it happened.  It is obviously big news here.  It is very sad.  They were talking about a 4 month old baby on the news that is missing.  She was with her grandmother. They found the grandmother, but not the baby.

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Yeah, we moved further south last June. We were about 30 mins from that area. Suppose to transfer out of this place sometime this summer. I think we are still a recovering community from that helicopter crash we had last Tuesday. Terrible tragedies.

I'm about 2 hours south of where it happened.  It is obviously big news here.  It is very sad.  They were talking about a 4 month old baby on the news that is missing.  She was with her grandmother. They found the grandmother, but not the baby.

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Where are you?

Quoting twinkersmom:

Yeah, we moved further south last June. We were about 30 mins from that area. Suppose to transfer out of this place sometime this summer. I think we are still a recovering community from that helicopter crash we had last Tuesday. Terrible tragedies.

LeJane
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM

So tragic.  

Prayers and thoughts are with everyone affected

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:47 AM

So sad:(

sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Been praying for everyone. My friend knows one of those families, the 4 year old that was found, but not the dad and siblings. Its a very sad situation :(
lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:29 AM
That's so sad. We are stationed at McChord so I've been hearing all about it. My bffs mom was freaking out because she thought they were closer to it. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN